The following post was written by Aprill Coleman , who blogs at Glitter Gloss Garbage  and is part of POPSUGAR Select Beauty .
The weather is getting warmer, the flowers are blooming, but your face may still be reacting to the cold-weather months. If dry skin and a dull complexion are plaguing you, don't worry. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to prep your skin and release your Summer glow à la Lupita Nyong'o!
1. Exfoliate: Just like your body and your feet, your face needs exfoliation, too. St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Scrub  ($4.29) will smooth and brighten the skin.
2. Oil Cleanse: Massage this jojoba-and-licorice blend into your skin to deep cleanse and tone your face. Made for the face, eyes, and lips, Murad Renewing Cleansing Oil For Face, Eyes, and Lips  ($32) will quickly become a staple in your skin care regimen.
3. Moisturize: NARS Aqua Gel Oil Free Moisturizer  ($58), a lightweight oil-free gel cream, gives your face intense hydration without clogging pores. A must have if you live in hot/humid climates.
4. Spot treat: Keep those pesky pimples at bay with this spot treatment that heals and prevents blemishes. Acne Spot Treatment by Murad  ($18) is clear, which makes application a breeze.
5. Protect: All these steps will be done in vain if you don't protect your face from sun damage. Naturally shield and nourish the skin every day with COOLA Suncare Matte Tint Mineral Sunscreen For Face SPF 30 — Unscented  ($36). It contains all the good stuff like vitamin C, shea butter, plankton extract, and primrose oil to calm, fight radicals, hydrate, and improve elasticity. Your skin will thank you!
Source: Getty/Valerie Macon