Julianne Moore is the quintessence of pale and interesting, and last night at a London Film Festival screening of The Kids Are Alright was a prime example of her pulchritude. She set off her fair skin and auburn hair with dove gray shadow, carbon black liner, and cranberry lipstick. To see how you can re-create the look for yourself, just keep reading.
- Begin by sweeping a shimmering gray shadow like Estée Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Shimmer in Polished Platinum ($20) across your upper lids from lash line to crease.
- Then use a carbon black felt tip liner pen like Essence Black Mania Eyeliner Pen ($3) to line your upper lash lines.
- Finish with several coats of black volumizing mascara on your upper lashes, and a light sweep of mascara on your lower lashes.
Cheeks and lips:
- For a wash of natural-looking color, use a cheek stain or gel blush like Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel Collection ($18) on the apples of your cheeks.
- For the lips, use a cranberry-hued lipstick shade like Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Cranberry Cream ($14).