- For cool-toned skin: For a fun twist, look for a shadow with a hint of silver sparkle. Bare Escentuals' Eye Color in Hyacinth ($13), a light silver lavender, is one of my favorites. It pairs well with anything from peach blush to a bold raspberry-toned lipstick.
- For warm skin tones: Enhance your purple with a sweep of shimmery gold shadow to the inner corners of your eyes. Purple and gold are opposite hues on the color wheel, and they bounce off each other for a beautifully contrasting finish.
- For the night: Apply lilac to the lids and create depth by applying a deeper shade of purple in your creases. Blend well for a smoked-out look.
- Avoid pink: When wearing purple, stay away from pinkish undertones, which can have a tendency to create an unwanted tired appearance to the eyes. Instead, choose pink cheeks and lips to wear with your purple shadow for a cohesive feel. Be sure to line the eyes so they don't get lost behind the pale shade. (I like a deep brown or dark smoky purple liner.)
- Berry good: For something with snap, try a rich berry-toned lip look, like Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Raspberry ($8) or Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Raspberry Sorbet ($6).