- The Base: To create a base for your makeup and hide any redness, use a flesh-toned or cream-colored eyeshadow on the entire area. Blend with a brush from the lash line up to the area just under the brows. Kidd recommends: Jemma Kidd I-Rescue Bio Complex Cover ($40) with SS01 Deluxe Oval Shadow Brush (about $5).
- The Shadow: If you'd like a bit of color, try a flattering pink or pastel peach, like Chantecaille Shine Eye Shade ($21) in Quartz or Perle. If you'd rather take a more natural approach, blend a neutral-toned eye shadow or pressed powder into the crease. "Apply eyeshadow a little at a time to prevent a build-up of powder," Kidd told the Daily Mail.
- The Liner: Use a brown or soft gray creamy eyeliner pencil on both the upper and lower lash lines. For a thicker appearance to the lashes, make sure to get between the lashes. Kidd recommends her Pixi Lid and Line Eyeliner in Smoky Mink ($18).
- The Mascara: After curling your lashes, apply mascara in a brown, plum, or gray tone — all softer options for the daytime. Kidd likes Givenchy’s Phenomen'Gray Lavender ($28).
- The Brows: Using a light touch, fill in your brows with a brow pencil or powder in a tone two shades lighter than your natural color. Try Elizabeth Arden Dual Perfection Brow Shaper and Liner ($18) in Sable.