Kristen Stewart wore a cool fuchsia lipstick to the New York premiere of The Runaways, proof that bold pink colors are gorgeous this time of year. It's a fresh, vibrant look that everyone should try out once in a while.
If you want to wear this bright shade but don't know how, check out some tips to make sure you pick the perfect pink. To find out how to get it right, just keep reading.
- Try a semi-sheer color. Matte lips are gorgeous, but sheer colors blend better, creating a more "you" shade. Plus, you can layer semi-sheers on for the level of brightness you want, using the same lipstick to go from a pretty hint of pink during the day to a fabulous neon at night.
- Consider your undertones before you buy. Cool undertones look great in blue-pinks like the one Kristen is wearing, while warm skin tones look great in orange-pinks. If you're not sure if you're cool or warm, take the undertones quiz.
- When in doubt, buy a neutral pink — they look good on everyone.
- Use a lipstick primer. This one is a must if you're wearing a really bright lipstick, since highly pigmented color slides around and fades relatively quickly.
- Keep the rest of your makeup low-key. The lipstick will brighten up your whole complexion, so a little shimmery taupe eye shadow, a swipe of mascara, and a hint of blush should be more than enough to make you look glam.