From Beyoncé's fan incident to Miley's alien-esque bleached brows, we're recapping all the major beauty moments from 2013. Jennifer Lawrence shocked everyone with her pixie cut, while Jennifer Aniston combined her beauty knowledge with her business savvy by working with Aveeno and as co-owner of Living Proof. Marc Jacobs blew us away with his massive beauty line, a 33-year-old Justin Bieber fan received $100,000 in plastic surgery to look like his idol, and Miley, well, was just bein' Miley. Which moments were your favorite? See them all in our breakdown. On Kirbie: Contrarian jacket, Equipment blouse
Pantone has announced its color for 2014, and the winner is Radiant Orchid. We think this is a fabulous choice for a bevy of reasons. We've already seen this hue in its multiple shades on the Spring 2014 runways of Costello Tagliapietra, Naeem Khan, and PPQ (above).
But aside from that, a bunch of celebrities have also been spotted sporting this look. AnnaSophia Robb (above, left) swept the shade across her lids, while color enthusiast Lupita Nyong'o (above, right) wore the exact shade on her lips. The best part, though? We definitely already own it . . . in multiples! The color is superwearable, be it on your nails, on your eyes, or across your lips, and looks good on a lot of different skin tones. But just in case you aren't already stocked, we've got you covered. Shop your new favorite products below!
The cold air of Winter might leave you feeling more dry than usual. To make sure your hair, skin, and nails stay radiant all season long, it's time to consider adding in some moisturizing treatments to your beauty routine. Here are some simple ways to enjoy some pampering, while also infusing yourself with added hydration.
For Hair and Face
1. Suki Hair / Scalp Conditioning Oil ($33): An itchy scalp is not only uncomfortable, it can also lead to dandruff. Nourish you hair and scalp with this blend of organic lavender, rosemary, and neem oils to calm and hydrate your scalp, while also adding shine and protection to dried-out strands.
2. Sensai Intensive Hair Mask ($57): Wake up a lackluster mane with this deep conditioning treatment that boasts Asian botanicals to help hydrate and repair dry, damaged hair. It will leave your hair soft and smooth with a fresh floral scent to boot.
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($90): This cult classic mask is a makeup artist favorite for instant hydration and that covetable dewy complexion. Leave this on your face and let the skin-brightening ingredients soak right on in.
See more moisturizing treatments for the neck down when you keep reading.
You don't have to put a ring on it to give your hands a little extra sparkle this holiday season. You can amp up your basic manicure with a rhinestone nail charm on your nails, and the gift-giving season is the perfect time to try on a bow accent. To keep things simple, I went with a basic pink polish using Essie Status Symbol ($8). After painting each finger, add a sparkling bow charm to just one finger. I found mine at Your Beauty Store, which has a huge selection of rhinestone nail charms. It's quite a simple look, but the dazzling element makes this manicure seem much more advanced, not to mention festive.
To dress up your nail sans the 3D action, paint a bow with nail polish instead. A dot in the middle followed by two triangular-shaped "wings" on each end will give you a sweet bow-tie look in seconds. And you can get sparkly with a glitter or metallic polish too!
As beauty editors, we are constantly trying out new products, but even we have our all-time favorites. Call these our holy grail buys, and surprisingly, they're not all splurges. The prices run the gamut from $2 to $200. Read on to discover the five classics that everyone talks about and that we adore, too.
- Crème de La Mer Moisturizing Cream ($155): Celebrities hoard it, estheticians recommend it, and our editors agree. This well-known cream is worth every penny because it sends wrinkles running and keeps skin, soft, smooth, and hydrated.
- Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker ($2): When it comes to a neutral lipstick nothing does the job better than this classic Dr. Pepper lip balm. The hint of red is just right for that everyday flush.
- Essie Ballet Slippers ($8): Every once in a while, we sidestep the anxiety that comes with selecting a polish a the salon and just bring our go-to nude along. This Essie shade is just the right mix of pink and white to blend with any skin tone. Plus, the sheer coverage always makes it work appropriate.
- CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara ($9): While some are Maybelline Great Lash addicts, our editors are partial to this volumizing mascara because the plastic bristles keep clumps at bay, so all you see are fluttery lashes.
- Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser ($9): If it's good enough for grandma, then it's good enough for us. This cleansing cream is still a vanity must have because there is nothing better at removing stubborn eye makeup.
The perfect blowout is one of those things that can seem just oh so elusive. But the truth is that with the right products, you can achieve a salon-quality blowout at home . . . no joke. The Drybar VIP Pack ($25) lets you do just that. The kit contains the perfect trifecta of blowout products: Drybar's Southern Belle mousse, Money Maker hair spray, and Detox dry shampoo, which, when used together, can help you create (and maintain) the easiest at-home blowout ever. Use a small amount of the mousse on your wet hair before you dry with a round brush, and set your look with the hairspray. Then, as your blowout starts its downward slump, spritz on some of the dry shampoo to revive it. And did we mention the products are travel-sized? That means that even a trip home for the holidays will be full of blowout glory. Your mother will never complain about your hair again. Your boyfriend? You're on your own with that one.
You already visit POPSUGAR Beauty to get product reviews, helpful tips, and news on what's happening in the world of beauty, so be sure to check out what else we're doing around the Internet. We're coming at you from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ to keep you looking and feeling beautiful and inspired. We constantly update so you're in the know, whether it's about a new lip gloss we keep passing around the office or tips on how to pull off the perfect updo. Here's where you can find us:
"Like" us on Facebook. Our page is chock-full of beauty tips, breaking news, videos, and polls. It's the most beautiful place to be.
We're on Instagram, too. Follow POPSUGAR Beauty to see what products we're loving, what inspires us, and what the team is up to daily in San Francisco, NYC, and LA.
Follow us on Twitter. You'll stay up-to-date on what we're writing about, especially breaking beauty news. Plus, our editors will answer your tweets about questions or suggestions you have.
Pin with us. We're regularly pinning looks we're loving, of-the-moment trends, and products we're keeping our eyes on.
We're on Google+! Follow us to stay informed on breaking news, trends, and everything in between as it's happening.
OK, so no one's perfect, especially in holiday madness. And that means you don't have to feel ashamed about forgetting your brother's girlfriend was coming for Christmas (oops) or having that cousin show up at the last minute for the family gift giving. It's always good to have an extra present on hand for the holiday guest you forgot or didn't expect, and these options will work for any unexpected reveler — male or female. Not only will no one feel left out, but they'll have no idea you didn't have them in mind when you picked it out.
We've been obsessing over Julianne Hough's many beauty looks for awhile now, and her versatile long bob is one of our favorite things about her. But last night she was at the Boohoo.com event in LA sporting a much longer look. Julianne's extensions seamlessly blend with her shorter layers, and we like that she styled the new length with her bangs, but we can't help but miss her lob. What do you think of Julianne with long hair?