Every month on BellaSugar, I'll give you my picks for the top five beauty products, colors, and looks you simply must have right now. There's no denying that Summer is officially upon us, which means it's time to get serious about your fake tan and beach-inspired makeup — even if you're not planning to be anywhere near the water. Check out these five buys that will help you look fabulous in June.
- Island-inspired makeup palettes, such as the limited-edition Caribbean Crush Face Palette by LORAC ($30). It includes Summer essentials like bronzer and three metallic eye shadows. (Yes, metallic eyes are still hot.)
- Self-tanner plus bronzer. It's time to start showing some skin, so pick up a lotion — such as Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube ($22.50) — that will give you an instant bronze while gradually building your tan.
- Coral lips. Dark lipstick is a big no-no in Summer, so why not try this trendy color? Colour Surge Lipstick in Coral Crush by Clinique ($14) is a good starter shade.
- Dior Addict 2 Summer Peonies ($50). This just-released fragrance is one of June's hottest scents, with a feminine pink bottle and notes of peony, orange, and violet.
- Scarf-inspired headbands. What better way to battle beach hair than with a colorful print headband, like this Voom Polka Dot Silk Tie Headband ($40)?