During the winter months our skin gets flaky and dry, our hair becomes more brittle, and because our nails aren't exposed to as much vitamin D from the sun as they are in the summer, they tend to weaken and grow more slowly. So before the temperature plunges below zero and any moisture that's left gets sucked right out of you, take a moment to read about a few simple ways to ensure that your hair and body stay healthy all winter long.
- Pamper your senses in the shower Showers are your special time to breathe in the stimulating aromas from a shampoo, body scrub, or soap. Choose a fragrance that makes you feel alive and soak it all in! Try not to linger too long, though, because hot water can dry your skin.
- Face the music It's important to apply a face mask every week to clear out your pores and re-hydrate skin. You should really begin to notice the suppleness and brightness of your skin after each treatment.
For three more tips to help overcome the woes of Winter hair and skin, read more
- Lotion up with a thick body lotion so that you don't get flaky hands, legs, and feet. Indulge in products that contain shea butter since it is especially hydrating and protective.
- Refresh and exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. If you want all of that bright and shiny baby skin to resurface, you've got to get rid of the gray, lackluster, and dead skin first. You can exfoliate in the shower or bath, or just do a quick face exfoliation at your bathroom sink.
- Take special care of your hair Apply a hair mask at least once a week. Pay attention to the ingredients to make sure it's rich in nutrients and essential oils.