At last night's Oscars ceremony, Penelope Cruz looked positively stunning with her lightly smoky eye and clean, fresh face. I got the scoop from Rachel Goodwin, her makeup artist for the evening, on how she created Penelope's glowing red carpet look.
Rachel was inspired by Penelope's simple yet chic dress, but wanted to add a flair to her look with the makeup. To find out how to recreate the look at home, read more.
- Face: Start with clean, moisturized skin and apply a touch of foundation primer to the apples of your cheeks, forehead, and chin where shine tends to show up. Apply light foundation with a tapered makeup sponge. Rachel used Chanel Teint Innocence Foundation in Soft Honey.
- Eyes: Penelope's eyes are the centerpiece of this gorgeous look. To start, Rachel created a navy cat-eye with Chanel Precision Eye Definer in Blue Jean, then smudged a navy shadow from the Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Bleu Celeste on top of the liner to create a smudged, smoky line.
- Cheeks: The key to a smoky eye is going easy on the rest of the face, so for this look Rachel kept the cheeks practically bare, a light dusting of bronzer for definition is all you need.
- Lips: Ditto on the lips; bare is best with this look. Rachel enhanced Penelope's natural lip color with Chanel Rouge Allure in Naive.
- Et voila! Rachel set the look and added a luminous glow with a light dusting of Chanel Poudre Cristalline.