It's Wedding Season on the Sugar Network, and this week, I've been bringing you a bevy of beauty posts related to wedding parties: namely, wedding showers and bachelorette bashes.
I already told you how to get a great makeup look for the girls' night out. But the day after, you're probably going to look pretty rough. So I've prepared a handy primer on post-party beauty that will help you recover from the bachelorette party — or any party, for that matter.
Everyone has their own hangover remedies, but aside from drinking lots of water, most of the usual tactics won't help you look better. For my suggestions on what will, read more
- Start with a relaxing soak in an invigorating and soothing scent. For good measure, try The Happy Pill Bath Bomb from Lush ($5.70).
- Scrub your makeup off from top to bottom with a vigorous cleanser, like Philosophy Purity Made Simple ($10 for 3.5-ounces), which also removes eye makeup.
- Alcohol dehydrates your skin, too, so indulge in an ultra-moisturizing face mask. I hear Juice Beauty's Green Apple Nutrient Mask ($35) is great.
- Wake up your weary eyes with a great de-puffer. My favorite is Origins No Puffery Cooling Mask for Puffy Eyes ($20).
- Keep your makeup simple but refreshing. This Smashbox Backdrop Cooling Tint ($32) is a light foundation with a cooling sensation that lasts for up to 15 minutes.
- Finish off with a shimmery white eye shadow, like Cargo's EyeLighter ($17), which is easy to apply and will make your eyes appear wide and bright.