It's good to be Queen. At Queen Latifah's Just Wright premiere, she wore a stunning smoky eye with a combination of gunmetal, green, and charcoal colors. If you want to know how she layered the colors, and what shades she used, makeup artist Monifa Mortis has shared how she created the look. So to see how you can replicate it at home, just keep reading.
- Begin with Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast in Citrus Flair ($8.50), using the green color on the base of the lid, and blend up.
- Layer Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast in Silver Sky ($8.50) over the green in the crease of the eye and blend up toward the brow bone.
- Add a gold highlighter along the lower lash line and up at the brow bone, like Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire ($8.50).
- Finish with a couple of coats of black mascara on your upper and lower lashes.
Cheeks and lips:
- To get Queen's bronzed glow, Monifa suggests you use Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Brown Bronze ($8) under your eyes and in Ebony Bronze ($8) on your forehead and cheekbones to add some warmth.
- Finish the look with Cover Girl ShineBlast Lip Gloss in Ember ($8.50).