Rockabilly hair can best be described as a modern take on the bun—but it has more height, added texture, and just a little bit of edginess, since the look doesn't require every single hair to be in place.
Lately we've been talking about the spring 2008 looks, but we shouldn't forget that the first day of fall is actually tomorrow! This chic hairstyle appeared on the runways of Nathan Jenden and Billl Blass (see the gallery) for the Fall 2007 New York Fashion Shows and is appropriate for day or night.
The look can easily be created at home by following these five simple steps. To read them, read more
- Step 1: Use a little bit of Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray while blow-drying hair to give it shape and height.
- Step 2: Next, Isolate a section of hair at the top and spritz it with a firm hold hairspray.
- Step 3: Then, wrap hair around four hot rollers and let it set for fifteen minutes.
- Step 4: Next, pull the rest of your hair into a ponytail and secure with a hair elastic (choose a color closest to your own hair color).
- Step 5: Let the curls flop to one side and secure the ponytail to the top your head with bobby pins. Overlap the curls, pin them and then mist your entire head again with hairspray.