Thinking of ditching the sand dunes for the urban jungle? Summer is the perfect time to take in the sites of a city you've never seen before — or haven't visited in a while. Don't forget to bring these necessities along to keep you looking your best no matter what metropolis you're jetting off to.
- Oil blotting pads: Half the fun of touring a new city is wandering around for hours and taking everything in. Carry some oil absorbing pads in your purse, like Neutrogena Long-Last Shine-Control Blotting Sheets ($6.50), to avoid shine in your photos.
- Bright lipstick: Urban living lends itself to experimenting with trends. Bring along a bold lipstick you've been too timid to try at home. MAC Pro Longwear Lipcream in Love Forever! ($17) is a fluorescent pink that can transition from day to night.
- Specially formulated sunscreen: The sun isn't the only thing your skin need protecting from while you're hopping from tour bus to sidewalk. Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum ($20) does double duty by providing you protection from the sun and other environmental stressors, like smog.
- Smokey eye palette: Dramatic eyes are perfect for a night out in the city. NYX Eye Shadow Palette in Smokey Eyes ($10.99) does the work for you. It contains a variety of colors, so you can play around until you get the perfect look.
- Perfume: While smelling like the city streets may not sound so appealing, The Scent of Departure ($45) does it right. From LA to London, 15 scents evoke the feeling of 15 different cities. And at 1.7 ounces each scent is TSA-safe, so you can bring them in your carry-on.
And don't forget your hand sanitizer; subway poles and bus straps are a necessary evil in the big city.