Posts for February 15th 2009
- See 15 famous men proudly wear their makeup
- Brush up on recession-proof hair color tips
- Yum! Make lips sweet 'n' spicy with this DIY treat
- Get Bella's sulfate-free shampoo suggestions
- Should you wear lip gloss, lipstick or neither on your date?
- Look less tired with this
- Check out raspberry and plum polishes for Spring
- Did you love Jessica Simpson's interwoven updo?
- Quick and easy deep conditioner tips
- Can you decide which hairstyle looks better?
In between checking out the fashion and the beauty while watching Thursday's NAACP Image Awards, I also hoped to spot a fun hairstyle to test out at home. Since she's already a favorite regardless of her beauty look, I was happy to see Sanaa's glamorous updo on the red carpet. Even though I'm fairly certain she got some "help" with that braid, and possibly part of the bun, I wanted to come up with a take on this style that we could re-create at home without hair extensions.
I grabbed some pins and rubber bands, got creative, and found it's actually possible to fake this style on my shoulder length hair. Sadly Mr. Bella wasn't around to take a picture of the back of my head, but I've come up with suggestions.
Before you get started, I'll explain how we're faking it because I know it can be easier to visualize a hair style than follow instructions: Instead of making one big braid to go around, you'll do four smaller braids and then hide the ends under the bun to make it appear to be a single braid wrapped around. To get the six step-by-steps, read more