To enter, just take the quiz by 5 p.m. PDT today, and one winner will be selected at random. Your eligibility is not based on getting the answers correct, just on taking the quiz after you are logged in. You do, however, need to be a PopSugar Community member to enter. So if you're not already one, register now. One quiz entry per person; all repeat quizzes will be ignored. Prizes can be shipped to US destinations only. Remember: you must be logged in to the PopSugar Community for your entry to count. For the complete rules, click here. Good luck!Take the Quiz
Posts for October 21st 2010
- Sometimes women can't commit to just one .
- Sometimes women can't commit to just one . . . nail color, that is — Refinery 29
- Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" styles explained — People StyleWatch
- A simple and easy new updo to try at home — Glamour
- Burt's Bees lotion acts like salad dressing for the skin — StyleList
- Office max: see this everyday woman's new office glam look — StyleCaster
- How to get Julianne Moore's romantic ballerina bun — InStyle
- Lush's Goth Juice gel makes the effortless look, well, effortless — Makeup and Beauty Blog
- Ladylike hair a la Mad Men for Halloween (or everyday) — Lucky
- How drag racer Alexis DeJoria brightens her face off the track — Real Beauty
- Skin care advice from noted fashion photographer Nigel Barker — Beauty Blogging Junkie
- A handless model questions our notions of what's sexy — The Cut
Helena Bonham Carter is known for her whimsical style, but last night at a London photocall, she knocked the sexy librarian look right out of the park. Even if you don't wear real glasses, you can get the look with fakies like these BCBGeneration Plastic Koi Glasses ($25). Cute little bows like these Grosgrain Bow Hair Clips ($1) are cheap and easy to come by, and for her lip look, you can use a mauve liner like Clinique Defining Liner for Lips in Plush Pink ($14) under a creamy light pink lipstick like Pur Minerals Lipstick in Pink Isocite ($16). Finish it off with pink blush across the apples of your cheeks, and you've got the perfect hot, smart look. To get more info on any of the products above, just click on the images.
While fNIRS measures the brain's oxygen levels to map out neurological activity, the problem was that patients' hair was blocking the signals. But this sophisticated brush, developed by researchers at the University of Texas at Dallas and the University of Texas at Arlington, sends the data all the more clearly thanks to increased scalp contact. So this brush is not really for beauty as much as it is for medical purposes, but it's still pretty mind-bending, no?
We're excited to present this article from one of our favorite sites, Allure!
I rarely wear lipstick, even at formal events, because the color usually spends more time on my wine glass than on my actual lips. Even long-wearing lipsticks have let me down—the color stays put, but I don't like that many of them leave my lips feeling as dry and scratchy as sandpaper. (I'm sensitive—what can I say?) Enter the new generation of lip stains that last long and keep your mouth moist. I gave several a go, to discover that these are the best.
To find out what made the cut, just keep reading.
The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland is a dramatic look that has been translated from the animated Disney classic to Tim Burton’s most recent adult incarnation. Watch our video as MAC makeup artist Christopher del Castillo shows you how to get the look Helena Bonham Carter made famous in the film. We think the bold lips and electric blue eye shadow make for a crazy Halloween look!
In recognition for acts of selflessness and kindness, individuals who donated, volunteered, or ran a marathon in support of finding a cure will get 35 percent off their entire online purchase through Nov. 1. So send your donation slips and all other documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for the hookup. On top of that, NYX will donate 10 percent of sales from these purchases to the Breast Cancer Awareness Research Foundation. Super.