- Winter reading list: cozy up with one of these books next to the fire
- 5 reasons to get an Apple TV (and 3 reasons to skip it)
- The best desserts of the year
- How (and where) to get beauty steals
- Best Betty White quotes of 2010
- Christmas apps to occupy kids while they wait for Santa
- Countdown to a fabulous New Year's! Black and white ball
- Last-minute decor gifts for $20 or less
- Video: Suri Cruise holds tight to Tom on outing with Katie Holmes
- Tips for saving big bucks at Whole Foods
- Do you know which celebrities are over 40?
- Who is the fittest male celebrity of 2010?
- Cute kittens wearing Christmas clothes!
- How to stay healthy while traveling during the holidays
Posts for December 21st 2010
To enter, just take the quiz by 5 p.m. PST today, and one winner will be selected at random. Your eligibility is not based on getting the answers correct, just on taking the quiz after you are logged in. You do, however, need to be a PopSugar Community member to enter. So if you're not already one, register now. One quiz entry per person; all repeat quizzes will be ignored. Prizes can be shipped to US destinations only. Remember: you must be logged in to the PopSugar Community for your entry to count. For the complete rules, click here. Good luck!Take the Quiz
From Mo'Nique's hairy legs to pixie cuts and ombre hair in Hollywood to that hottie shirtless Old Spice guy — we've rounded up the biggest moments in beauty for 2010. Check out what headlines caught our attention and what we can't wait to see more of this upcoming year in our latest Bella Beauty Bite.
"What makeup means to me is sparkling makeover," Leighton Meester says in this Q&A for Korean cosmetics brand eSpoir. The brand cites her as its muse, which is a polite way of saying "brand ambassador," which is another way of saying "spokesperson." While this unedited footage of Leighton talking about the products is slightly awkward, the finished promotional video pulls it all together.
Leighton, who's the face (hair?) of Herbal Essences in the United States, isn't the only star to go to Asia for ad campaigns. See Angelina, Brad, Natalie, and more celebrities in Japanese commercials. Your thoughts?
Christina Aguilera's two new fragrances, Christina Aguilera and Christina Aguilera By Night, exude elegance and sophistication, which carry you seamlessly through your busy day up to the wee hours of the night. One of these scents, paired with a versatile outfit, and you will be ready to hit the town after a long day at the office.
Which makes us wonder, how do you stay looking fresh and stylish from office hours to after hours? We want to know and are ready to reward!
All you have to do is create a look in ShopStyle's Look Book feature and then enter your look(s) into the Christina Aguilera Day to Night Group. Insider tip — right click on the Christina image above, copy and save the image, and then add it to your fabulous ShopStyle look. In doing so you will be entered for a chance to win $1,000 toward your perfect D-T-N look! Easy enough!
We are picking three very lucky winners, so the more looks you create, the more chances you have to win. There's only two weeks left in the contest, so get stylin' and create your looks now! Click here to get started!
- Megan Fox's latest Giorgio Armani ad is soft and sexy — StyleList
- Diane Kruger wore bobby pins galore on the red carpet — People StyleWatch
- The soul patch must go! Decode men's facial hair with this guide — Glo
- Gwyneth's makeup artist dishes on the Country Strong look — Allure
- Why calling someone "exotic" isn't really a compliment at all — Clutch
- MAC's latest makeup launch is full of color — Temptalia
- Chanel's new collection is all about pearls — Makeup and Beauty Blog
- Move over, vajacial. Now there's another unnecessary ladyparts spa treatment — Jezebel
The committee found that, at least with respect to the current model, only about one percent of butyl- and propyl-parabens put on skin actually gets into your system without breaking down. However, they also requested that a skin metabolism study be conducted, since none of the current data is totally conclusive. Basically, they're taking a tentative step toward saying that parabens are safe, which would be nice since they're in so many products. But is "we think it's probably OK" enough of an assurance for consumers?
Constant precipitation can be a royal pain, as growing out one's hair can be. Emily Blunt nipped both problems in the bud while walking the red carpet at the recent Gulliver's Travels premiere in Los Angeles. It's been raining like crazy in LA, but that didn't get in the way of keeping Emily's hair, which she happens to be growing out, from looking shiny and full of body. Laini Reeves of Essensuals London styled Emily's hair for the event, keeping it down and softly waved to complement the lightheartedness of her dress, as well as the film. To lock in moisture, prevent frizz, and give the hair sheen, Laini then finished Emily's hair with Moroccanoil Oil Treatment.
Dancing is one of the most convivial activities around, and that means there's lots of inspiration from which to draw for today's edition of my series, the 12 Days of Holiday Beauty. As you may know, the ninth day of Christmas is time to bring on those dancing ladies. MAC's Twists of Tartan Eye Kit ($36) includes a palette of perfectly-named shades that go along with the theme nicely, like Lady's Prance, Set to Dance, and Bows and Curtseys. Benefit's Lip Gloss in Dancing Queen ($18) is a oh-so-trendy watermelon pink shade, and as you can see, there are plenty of other blush-toned options for this one. Just bust a move, and click on the images above for more details.