- Casa's diving into wedding DIY, chic sheets, and boutique hotels
- Yum's focusing on healthy eating and culinary resolutions
- Bella's going bananas over all things nude and shimmery
- Tres's talking about The Lover's Dictionary and The Science of Single
- Lil's loving measuring books and baby bath tea
- Fab's falling in love with citrus hues and earthy tones
- Buzz is amped for the American Idol and the Sundance film festival
- Savvy's starting fresh by decluttering, planning, and saving
- Fit's working up a sweat over their new sneakers and hot hoodies
- Pet's getting pampered with luxe bedding and grooming tools
- Geek's giddy over Tron headphones and quilted iPad cases
Posts for January 3rd 2011
To enter, just take the quiz by 5 p.m. PST today, and one winner will be selected at random. Your eligibility is not based on getting the answers correct, just on taking the quiz after you are logged in. You do, however, need to be a PopSugar Community member to enter. So if you're not already one, register now. One quiz entry per person; all repeat quizzes will be ignored. Prizes can be shipped to US destinations only. Remember: you must be logged in to the PopSugar Community for your entry to count. For the complete rules, click here. Good luck!Take the Quiz
Winter is pretty, but its effects on hair and skin can be just the opposite. That's why we've tracked down five of our favorite beauty treats of the month. They'll help you tame fly-aways, treat chapped lips, or just look a little more perky even in the harshest weather. There's something here for every budget, so check out what we're loving.
"My sister was always passionate about fragrance," said Nancy Brinker, sister of the late Susan Komen, founder of the foundation, and author of Promise Me ($10-$32), a book that depicts how the organization came to be. The organization hopes to raise $1 million from sales, but critics are likely to notice that just 13.5 percent of the net sales will go to the foundation.
Look for Promise Me in department stores, drugstores, and on TV in just a few months. The limited-edition fragrance will be sold until October, with plans to launch a different scent next year. Will you check it out?
It's almost like two cuts (or more) in one, since the different lengths are not blended together. Because of this, disconnected cuts also typically have lots of texture and movement. Hairstylists often use disconnection to show off a certain element of the haircut or to highlight a cool color. Are you feeling bold?
Is one of your New Year's resolutions to switch up your beauty look a bit? An avant-garde hairstyle is the perfect solution. Not only will this type of style give you extra edge, but it comes without the commitment of a new cut or color. I recently went behind the scenes of Global Green's Gorgeous and Green benefit gala in San Francisco, where stylist Sherilynn Smart of the Sherilynn Jade Salon in Lafayette, CA, created three different forward-looking hairstyles for the models who walked the runway. All you need is a few hair pins, some styling products (Sherilynn used Pureology), and a little bit of braiding knowledge. See the styles now.
Photos courtesy of Pureology