- Sweet pumpkin treats fit for Fall
- Orlando Bloom talks playing a bad boy in The Three Musketeers
- Cute and creepy nail art ideas for Halloween
- Michelle and Barack have a state dinner date night
- Welcome to the wicked woods: a Halloween party for boys and ghouls
- Rachel Zoe answers our Resort 2012 style challenge: get her tips!
- Create a spooky mantel for your own haunted mansion
- Which Fall freshman TV shows are you loving?
- Dress up and keep costs down for Halloween
- Learn how to breathe when running
- Spooky and sweet black cats
- A closer look at Apple's iOS 5 apps
- PopSugar SF: local spots that are sure to scare you silly
- Heidi, Seal, and the kids have fun exploring a Halloween pumpkin patch!
Posts for October 16th 2011
Here's a fun seasonal recipe by OnSugar blogger Beauty Basics. Enjoy!
Since we’ve talked about how skin can get dry and flaky when the seasons change from warm to frigid, I figured we should talk DIY pumpkin moisturizing body treatment. In addition to being delicious when baked in a pie, pumpkin is really beneficial for your skin! It’s got tons of enzymes and antioxidants that nourish skin and help get rid of dead skin cells. To find out how to make this moisturizer at home, just keep reading.
In the 1988 cult classic Heathers, Winona Ryder (as Veronica) portrays a teen who, along with her completely demented boyfriend (played by Christian Slater), goes on a rampage to end the cruel ways of a popular clique at school. These three girls, of course, are all named Heather, hence the film's title.
Hair and makeup: Blow it up Veronica-style and wear the memorable look Winona Ryder sported at the end of the film; you know, right after her man sets a bomb off on himself. Wear a medium-length, brunette bobbed wig and tease it out with a comb to re-create Veronica's disheveled hairstyle. Don't forget to apply fake blood and ashy-toned eye shadow to your face so that you look like you've just been to hell and back.
What to wear: It's '80s style to the max: an oversize blue t-shirt, short plaid skirt, gray cardigan, and black tights and flats. (See it in full here.)
Take it to the next level: Walk around with a cigarette to show how tough you really are, and slap a red scrunchie in your hair. Be sure to say, "Heather my love, there's a new sheriff in town," as an homage to Veronica's gutsy (albeit crazy) actions.
Check out our latest BellaTV episode and some of our favorite stories from the week:
- Weird beauty tricks that are actually pretty ingenious.
- Got a headband you're tired of? Make it over for cheap.
- These hotel toiletries are awesome enough to make you pack them when you leave.
- MAC made over Miss Piggy.
- You'll be remiss if you don't read up on the three most important Fall colors and 10 gorgeous ways to wear them.
- Katy Perry makes great Halloween inspiration dressed up as flapper Snow White.
- 15 truly charitable Breast Cancer Awareness products and nail polishes.
- Four easy steps to cover up a giant pimple.
- A beautiful way to raise money for St. Jude, the amazing free children's hospital.
- Do cleanses really work for better skin?