Posts for December 2011
- Go for the gold: Apply metallic pigment or shadow to your eyes, suggests Ana Cruzalegui from UK-based lash brand We Are Faux, and pair it with fluttery falsies like their Kitsch lashes ($20). "For added drama without looking like a Studio 54 regular, dab some fine glitter on the center of your lid — just a touch will do the trick," Cruzalegui advises. For the perfect hint of glitz, try MAC Pro Glitter in Reflects Antique Gold.
- Pretty pairings: Amp up your metallic look with rusty gold and deep purple shadows for an edgy take on the smoky eye, and round things out with shimmery nude lip gloss. "For an alternate holiday pick, try a tangy orange-red lip look paired with soft ginger and copper eye shadows," Cruzalegui admonishes. A red-hot option? Nars lipstick in Heat Wave.
- A glitzy gold manicure perfect for New Year's Eve — LesleyKat
- The best beauty products for oily skin — Beauty Starlet
- Get these sultry, smoky metallic eyes — The Make-up Blogette
- A foolproof method for removing glitter nail polish — Kiss & Tell Blog
- Six products (under $25) this blogger could not live without — Beauty and the Budget
The end of the year is definitely a time of reflection, so accordingly we're taking a look back at the biggest beauty stories from 2011 to see what went right — and not so right — this year. From celebratory moments like the royal wedding to scandal and controversy, we've compiled the top headlines that will get you up to date on everything 2011.
We're happy to present this article from one of our favorite sites, Real Beauty.
If your schedule has been anything like ours, you're on accelerated deadlines at work so you can take that much-needed vacation. Before you go into panic mode and binge eat on sugar cookies or french fries, take a short moment to physically help yourself relax. Corporate employee-turned-masseur Leonardo Ranieri devotes his career to providing body rubs in the office place with his company Massage At Work. (Note: We've tried a massage with him, and it's absolutely mind-numbing.) But if you can't make it to the spa, try targeting the three pressure points below.
- A delicious recipe for sparkling Champagne cupcakes
- Dancing shoes: 15 pairs that won't let you down on NYC
- Sci-fi shows to catch up on over the holiday weekend
- Tips to make your New Year's resolutions stick
- Cold weather pet care tips
- How to make your New Year's Eve makeup last through the night
- Glam vintage NYE parties
- Cute outfits for kids' New Year's celebrations
- Inspiring outdoor spaces
- See Ian Somerhalder in a sexy Russian music video
- 20 vegan recipes to add to your repertoire
- Robert Pattinson returns to LA for NYE
- A recipe for the best chili ever
Every year has its share of avant-garde and just plain over-the-top looks, but for whatever reason 2011 produced a bumper crop. From Nicki Minaj's night-glow "Super Bass" makeup to Lady Gaga's cartoon eyes, there were plenty of makeup and hair looks wild enough to make you look twice. Check out some of the most memorable, and vote on which one deserves to be the year's biggest double take.
New Year's Eve calls for more than just your every night smoky eyes and red lips, and we have just the jaw-dropping look to inspire you. Watch Make Up For Ever pro David Hernandez create the ultimate sexy, sparkly look, using everything from glitter to crystals, false lashes, and some serious liquid liner. Let this fantasy look inspire you for Dec. 31 and beyond.