- End-of-the-year investments that are worth the money
- Learn how to choose the perfect live crab
- Quick fixes for common makeup mishaps
- Nostalgic stocking stuffers for '90s girls
- Get Tori Spelling's tips for dressing boho-chic this holiday
- Inspired headboard alternatives
- What's your favorite network comedy of 2011?
- Ideas to use up your FSA before the year-end
- Skip the stretching and try this active warmup
- Winter activities to avoid and enjoy with your pets
- Mouse pads to brighten up your desk
- Get a sneak peek at Gossip Girl's wardrobe department
- Kate Middleton and Prince William kick off the holiday season in London!
- Video: Ashton Kutcher and Lea Michele flirt at NYE premiere
Posts for December 6th 2011
Celebrity makeup artist Brett Freedman has worked with the likes of Camilla Belle and Catherine Zeta-Jones, and he's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to makeup. We're thrilled that he's guest writing on BellaSugar over the next few weeks.
Last week I met with a woman for lunch. Sitting across from her in the sunny LA eatery, I was shocked by her lashes. They were not her natural lashes, mind you, but her lashes layered with mascara to the point they looked like Tootsie Rolls: thick, log-like, and a total turnoff. She was lovely, but why the overkill on her flutter? I started to think of some of the big mistakes women make in making themselves up, and figured that would be a great first post for BellaSugar!
GUESS, a trusty purveyor of pretty things, is your one-stop holiday showstopper shop! From chic accessories to holiday dresses and the warmest Winter coats, GUESS has got your seasonal shopping spree needs covered! Check out the slideshow below for your gift-list inspiration (you may even find a thing or two for yourself)!
- Emily Blunt talks about her new, shorter hair — InStyle
- Make the duo-tone lip trend work for you — Refinery 29
- H&M admits that it pastes real models' heads on a fake body — Huffington Post
- Florence Welch nabs the cover of British Vogue — The Cut
- Find the perfect illuminator for your skin tone — Stylelist
- Current beauty trends you won't see come 2012 — Glo
- Beauty tips for being the belle of your office holiday ball — Beautylish
- 20 beautiful, easy hairstyles to try now — Real Simple
What main qualities describe Emma Watson? She is charming, mischievous, AND desirable . . . just like Trésor Midnight Rose, Lancôme's newest fragrance! The new feminine fragrance is a sexy-sweet blend of raspberry, rose, vanilla, and sensual musk. It is charismatic and playful just like Lancôme's latest ambassadress, Emma Watson (and you)! Like Emma, we know that you are the epitome of a young, fabulous, modern beauty (you go, girl), so we know you'll love Trésor Midnight Rose!
- Keep your ends in tip-top shape: "The more your ends match your roots, the healthier the hair looks," explains master hairstylist Natasha Warton-Sanivskaya, of Cetana Salon Spa in San Francisco. So to keep your ends looking just as fresh as the roots, use protein-rich shampoo and conditioner to plump up the hair. Occasional applications of deep conditioners (on the ends only) will also make a huge difference.
- Think heavy: Severe lines create fullness and weight. So if your coiffure is looking a bit wimpy, consider getting a cut that has more of a blunt feel.
- Go darker: You don't have to go darker all over, but applying a color that's one shade deeper (whether it's warm or cool) around the outer perimeter, a longer, fuller look is achieved. Tip: Warton-Sanivskaya suggests adding a fun pop of color just under that top layer, at the parietal ridge. Not only will this technique provide lots of movement, but it also enables you to go from something more modest to something more playful — just by parting your hair in a different direction.
- Matchy-matchy: And going back to the ends-should-match-the-roots mantra, you can also revitalize washed-out, sun-lightened ends with a hue that coordinates with your roots.
We're excited to continue our partnership with YouTube star and beauty guru Michelle Phan! Every other week, we'll be bringing you the best from her website, MichellePhan.com. This week, Michelle has the lowdown on making your lips kissable just in time for that holiday party:
Mistletoe is tricky. You can’t really avoid it, since you never know when it will reveal itself. You also can’t run to the bathroom and freshen up when it finally does, because that would ruin the moment, and it’s really more of an on-the-spot kind of thing.
Your best defense is to just be prepared for the possibility at all times. Here are some tips to keep your lips mistletoe-ready all season long, no matter what the weather or circumstance. Check them out now.