- How to make chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Thrifty tips to celebrate Valentine's Day
- Get Jennifer Aniston's glowing Just Go With It premiere makeup
- Are getting-to-know-you questions a bad sign on a first date?
- Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez go house hunting in Miami
- Red velvet Valentine's cupcakes are a sweet treat
- The most iconic looks from the Grammys
- A home translation of Pantone's color report for Fall 2011
- Sex and the City redux: 10 truisms about love
- Video: Nicole Richie parties and teams up with Gwyneth's trainer
- A guide to celebrating Valentine's Day for the single ladies (the healthy way)
- Be still my heart: sweet animals with lovely markings
- Google aims to simplify wedding planning
- Get Rihanna's wild look
Posts for February 10th 2011
Get excited because today kicks off day one of Fall 2011 New York Fashion Week. Today, we saw some modern classics like red lipstick and ultrafeminine updos, but we also saw some rather edgy looks, like this one from Mara Hoffman. See the rest of our favorite beauty looks so far right now.
Perhaps you're headed out on the town for a girls' night or date night this Valentine's Day. Whatever the case, now's the time to take things up a few notches. From cascading curls and tawny blush to a modern 1960s-style beauty ensemble, here are five different looks to try on one of the most romantic days of the year.
- Should a pageant winner be expected to stay thin? — Allure
- Natural hair blogger series: Patrice of Afrobella — StyleList
- Julianne Hough loves going makeup-free — People Stylewatch
- The rise of the plus-size model — The Cut
- Superfoods for beautiful skin — Glo
- Can you guess the makeup brands used in these TV shows? — FabSugar UK
- 5 things you'll see at New York Fashion Week — College Candy
- MAC Senior Artist Keri Blair's Fashion Week rituals — Beauty High
New York Fashion Week is in full swing, and taking a break from the hectic pace is key to making the week work. So we've asked some of our favorite backstage veterans to share their favorite New York spots — where they go to primp, snack, and relax before, during, and after Fashion Week. If you're in the city, pop into these places for a little R&R of your own.
Khloe Kardashian and her husband, Lamar Odom, have a new commercial out for their unisex fragrance, Unbreakable. There's some definitive naked in there (although nothing that needs censoring). Watching the ad, I realized that what always strikes me about these two is how happy and cute they are together. They're tender and goofy with one another, which is refreshing and rare in public relationships. Watch the commercial and tell me if you'll be interested in breaking off a piece of Unbreakable when it arrives on Feb. 12:
In situations where your hair is falling out, your best bet is to let it do what it wants to do, try to make the new style look as polished and intentional as you can, and readjust a few bobby pins as needed. Most importantly, though, stay calm and confident. A big smile can help you carry off almost anything.