Posts for February 12th 2011
Photo courtesy of CND
Hair, created by Pasquale Ferrante of Ion Studio, echoed the designer's own short, fruit punch-red style. After applying generous amounts of Rene Furterer Mousse Stylisante, he affixed hair extensions to cover models' right eyes. Since only one eye was visible on the runway, only one needed makeup — just the kind of off-kilter concept that made the show so much fun to see.
Fashion Week continues on pace, and even though it's Saturday, there's still plenty to see. Designers Jill Stuart and Prabal Gurung, who are known for their innovative shapes and technique, had their shows, which brought cleaner, more classically styled looks to the fore. It was a particularly pretty and polished day, with a few fun 1990s throwback exceptions, so check out what the shows had in store.
There's plenty of great clothing coming down the runways right now, but Fashion Week is also the place where some of the coolest, most inventive, and certain most trendsetting manicures first appear. Over the past few days, a ton of new nail shades have graced models' digits, but only a few of them will have the impact to arrive on drugstore shelves come September. From what I've seen so far, here are my picks for the five manicures most likely to become style bywords next season.
- Four reasons to date another curly — Naturally Curly
- Woman dies from butt implants — StyleList
- Justin Bieber shaves his head (or does he?) — People StyleWatch
- Best bet: Clinique Bottom-Lash mascara — The Cut
- The prettiest hairstyles of the week — Glo
- Does your job limit your nail color choices? — FabSugar UK
- 5 foolproof Valentine's Day items men really want — Lucky