- Heart-pounding Valentine's Day cards to work up a sweat over
- Tantalizing chocolate recipes you can't resist
- Sex and the City redux: 10 misconceptions about love
- Easy, fresh ways to wear trendy bright eyeliner
- Reasons new parents aren’t having sex
- Tips to saving on a diamond engagement ring
- Color combo to try: neutrals + maroon
- Set the romantic mood with mercury glass
- PDA alert: kissin' cuties
- Sparkly, shiny, luxurious gadget cases: love 'em or leave 'em?
- Get crafty to create your own living room art
- David Beckham debuts his hot new haircut amid rumors of a daughter
- Postdivorce "revenge" plastic surgery is supposedly a thing
- Video: Cameron Diaz and ARod's bikini-filled beach romp on the beach
Posts for February 7th 2011
We only have a couple weeks until the 2011 Academy Awards, but the Academy just hosted its nominee luncheon, and the best actress contenders were out in full force. It appears many of them have been getting facials (or are just blessed with naturally beautiful skin), because they all have megawatt glows. Check out a few of the nominees' luminous luncheon looks now.
Spring's advent means the rebirth of most things, including fashion's love affair with color. Eyeliner is always a big part of Fashion Week beauty, and for 2011, saturated, chromatic shades made an outsized mark on the runway. But how are we all supposed to be wearing this stuff? That's why I put together five options that give you plenty of breadth, from demure and barely there to totally out-there and statement making. Check them out and tell me which ones you're interested in trying.
We recently hosted a live Twitter chat where we answered lots of different acne questions. We'll be chatting again soon about an entirely different topic, but until then, we thought we'd share some of our favorites. If you're not already, be sure to follow BellaSugar on Twitter, and to see a few highlights from last week's chat, just keep reading.
And now, Gisele has clarified the controversial statement through her publicist, Amber Clapp. Amber tells StyleList, "Gisele would never say not to use sunscreen because she has had family members who have had skin cancer. She simply stated that her all-natural skin-care [Sejaa] line does not have SPF because there is not an all natural SPF available." Instead, Gisele wears sun protection free of PABA, retinyl palmitate, parabens, and oxybenzone, and explained on her blog, "I do use sunblock but also I try my best not to be exposed to the sun when it is too strong."
What do you think? Do Gisele's latest explanations make up for her original remarks or are you more confused than ever?
With the exception of a job interview, I can think of few occasions more nerve-racking than a promising first date. And, to be candid, I've been on more than my fair share of first dates as of late (let's not discuss the dearth of seconds and thirds). As you might expect, I've gotten my first-date beauty routine down to an absolute science and thought that the time was ripe to share my secrets with the world.