- Must-have Summer bags: Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, and more!
- Geeky Mother's Day gifts for $50 or less
- Learn the secret to storing your perfectly ripe strawberries
- Tips for easily creating more edge within your hairstyle
- British mag photoshops Kate Middleton?
- I'm a Huge Fan: stripping lessons and badminton before meeting Kate Hudson!
- Preview the San Francisco Decorator showcase!
- 10 contestants who should appear on Project Runway All Stars
- Sunny days: great toys to take kids outside
- Budget bride: exercise tips to keep you and your wallet in shape
- Fire up the grill with hot dogs that vegans can enjoy
- Pan the hiking Bengal is back!
- Throw your own Spring soiree
- Kristen Stewart lands her prince and takes Robert Pattinson's dog Bear out in NYC
- PopSugar City Chicago: How to celebrate the Kentucky Derby — mint juleps and all
Posts for May 4th 2011
Poised and elegant, Audrey Hepburns's beauty regimen was actually quite unfussy. Audrey, who would have turned 82 this week, was known to use Estée Lauder products, and her signature look featured bold brows, separated lashes, and neutral-toned makeup. So celebrate Audrey's birthday in style by checking out a few of her favorite beauty products:
- Safety pins: To create her signature doe-eyed look, her makeup artist, Alberto de Rossi, painstakingly separated each of her mascaraed lashes with a safety pin.
- A once-private fragrance: Creed's Spring Flower ($130—$350) was originally made in 1951 specifically for Audrey Hepburn. A fruity floral, the scent became available to the public in 1996 and features notes of peach, melon, and apple at the top, rose and jasmine in the middle, and ambergris and musk at the base.
- Her signature scent: Givenchy L'Interdit Eau de Toilette Spray ($84) was created in 1957 by Hubert de Givenchy for his muse Audrey Hepburn. It was released to the mainstream in the '60s, and is now formulated with Bulgarian rose, jasmine, pink pepper, orris, and tonka bean.
- Go-to soap: Erno Laszlo Organic Sea Mud Soap ($40), which is 97 percent natural, was an Audrey favorite.
- Styling product: After meeting Audrey in 1974, stylist Philip Kingsley wanted to create something that would help keep her overly styled hair looking great, and that's how Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Pre-Shampoo Treatment ($45) was born. She was such a fan, it's said she had tubs of it shipped to her regularly.
Leave pricey, processed beauty products behind and simplify your routine with 100-percent Florida grapefruit juice! Incorporating this tangy-sweet beverage into your diet and beauty routine may help you naturally achieve fresh-faced, everyday beauty without the expensive serums, makeup, and spa treatments. The vitamin C in 100-percent grapefruit juice may help support collagen production to help keep skin looking naturally youthful and glowing, so drink up!
Grapefruit juice is also great for creating at-home spa treatments, and a natural, homemade toner is an easy way to wake up your complexion. To invigorate your skin, combine Florida grapefruit juice with one or several herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme, mint ,or marjoram). Combine all your selected ingredients into a squeeze bottle and let set for several hours to allow the ingredients and essence to infuse. Saturate a cotton ball with the mixture and swab the surface of the skin to refresh your complexion, taking care to avoid sensitive skin and the eye area.
Spa-like treatments without leaving the house? Yes, please!
*Recipe created by Miriam Behar on behalf of the Florida Department of Citrus.
Ginnifer Goodwin has been wearing her hair in a cute pixie for well over a year now, but lately she's been more experimental with her style. At the Something Borrowed premiere in Los Angeles yesterday, Ginnifer showed her edgier side, styling her coiffure in this shorn-at-the-sides, voluminized-at-the-back look. In need of a few ideas for jazzing up your style? You don't have to get a dramatic cut to do it. See five tips on how you can create a funkier you (as well as see Ginnifer's cut at different angles) now.
He then parted her hair on the left at a slight angle and blow-dried with a large round brush. To prevent flyaways and add more shine, Babaii worked in a bit more Pequi Oil to the finished look. Want to snag a similar shade of golden blond like Kate? Babaii recommends the brand's Luxeblend Crème Hair Colour in Light Golden Blonde ($30).
Under-eye liner is proving to be one of 2011's biggest eye makeup trends, and there are lots of great, easy ways to wear it that won't leave you looking like a raccoon. Whether you're shy about trying the look or ready to go runway bold, there's a way to make under-eye liner work for you.