- First birthday cake ideas and inspiration
- Easy ways to cover up your roots
- PopSugar City LA: refreshingly fruity Summer drinks to sip now
- Enjoy apricots in an easy, no-bake tart
- A history of mermaids in pop culture
- Nicky Hilton shares her Summer style must-haves with Fab
- Take a closer look at inspiring outdoor spaces
- Emma Stone to enter a new kind of Zombieland
- Simple tips for organizing your job search
- Strength-training moves you can do in the bathroom
- Call of the wild: Bengal cats
- Cell phone tips for traveling abroad
- Find out what beauty bloggers think of shimmering facial whip
- Pippa Middleton faces another round of Harry romance rumors
- Katie Holmes goes sexy and see-through in South Beach
Posts for June 23rd 2011
We're happy to present this article from Allure:
Every year the beauty buzzwords for summer are bronzed, beach-y, and goddess-like, but it doesn't mean that type of Victoria's Secret-catalogue makeup suits everyone's tastes. We consulted makeup artist Quinn Murphy, who's worked with Anne Hathaway and America Ferrera, for summery makeup options that don't require you to break out the bronzer, or anything metallic actually. Get her tips when you keep reading.
JustFabulous knows how important it is to stay on top of the latest and greatest trends, even if you’re not walking the red carpet or consulting with your trusted stylist. So you can get the star treatment you deserve without the hefty price tag, JustFabulous offers its members a personal shopping experience with its Style Experts, and all items are $39.95. With free shipping both ways, easy exchanges, and 20 percent off the first order members make, it's time to get your shopping on!
So you can see what JustFabulous is all about, it's giving away three months of free shoes to three lucky winners! By taking the quiz below, you’ll automatically be entered to win. Be sure you’re logged in, because this is one giveaway that you don’t want to miss. To learn more about JustFabulous, be sure to click here. Good luck!
Mob boss Whitey Bulger and girlfriend Catherine Greig have been arrested after over 15 years on the lam, and it's possibly due to Greig's fondness for cosmetic surgery or beauty salons. The FBI had been chasing Bulger and Greig since 1995 without success, until someone in the bureau hit upon the idea of putting ads about Greig in cosmetic surgery and dental association trades. Most recently, TV spots were created about her (like the one above) and have aired during health and beauty-focused programs women who might know her would be watching.
The pair were arrested in Santa Monica, CA, on June 22, and Bulger is to be indicted on 19 counts of murder. He was on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List for years, and it's ironic that someone known for being almost invisible may have got caught because of his companion's high-maintenance beauty habits.
And now that five years have passed, the FDA is saying that while silicone implants are still safe, they come with risks. Some of the most common are hardening around the implant, reoperation implant rupture, asymmetry, wrinkling, scarring, infection, and pain.
Because of this, the FDA notes that women need to understand silicone implants are not meant to be forever, as the chance of problems increases the longer the implants stay. In fact, one in five women who get silicone implants for breast augmentation purposes has to have them removed within 10 years. And for those who receive them for breast reconstruction, one in two needs them removed within 10 years.
"Despite frequent local complications and adverse outcomes, the benefits and risks of breast implants are sufficiently well understood for women to make well informed decisions about their use," the FDA said. Do you think that silicone implants should still be on the market?
Source: Vice Style
- Get the scoop on Britney Spears's pink hair from the "I Wanna Go" video — InStyle
- Sula expands into makeup with an easy-peasy $8 line — Refinery29
- Have scientists found a cure for gray hair? — Beauty High
- Tested: at-home laser hair removal — The Cut
- MAC Bloggers' Obsessions will take you from day to night — Makeup and Beauty Blog
- A guide to the essential beauty products — Real Simple
- Dragon's blood, cow juice, and more offbeat beauty fixes — Glo
- Which $1,000 wrinkle cream is right for you? — The Gloss
Whether your undereye circles are the result of a late-night outing or passed down from genetics, there's no need to fret over them. Why? Because there's always a way to conceal them using the right makeup and application tips. That's why we turned to Smashbox Cosmetics Makeup Pro Lori Taylor to find out what tricks of the trade are necessary to hide dark circles and bags under the eyes. See how she does it in this video.