- Get the inside scoop on the Victoria's Secret model fat-burning workout
- How to get Kate Beckinsale's soft waves
- 5 kid-friendly Chinese takeout inspired meals
- Do you like Victoria Beckham's new magazine cover?
- Ring in the Year of the Dragon with our favorite Chinese dishes
- Football-watching etiquette
- 5 Ways to warm up your most feminine pieces for Winter
- DIY projects to try this week
- See the latest pictures from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- Vote on the best dream job with our Which Career Is Cooler Game?
- How to care for your gadgets in the Winter
- Make your foyer a design destination
- Hilarious photos of pets lounging on the couch
- Brad Pitt talks about Angelina Jolie's directorial debut
Posts for January 22nd 2012
If you've always thought washing your hair several times a week was a staple of modern civilization, prepare to have your mind blown. As recently as the 1950s, hygiene and grooming experts considered washing your hair every other week to be "often," and brushing was considered a more important activity for keeping hair clean and in good condition. Check out this awesome vintage video to see how people were washing and styling 60 years ago; you just might pick up a helpful hint or two.
The only drawback we see with it is that, since it's a powder, it's not great for people with dry skin, especially if you live somewhere with cold weather that exacerbates the problem. Otherwise, the packaging is great, the products (especially the highlighters) are gorgeous, and the formulation is outstanding.
Check out our latest BellaTV episode and some of our favorite stories from the week:
- The top 10 makeup looks from the Golden Globes.
- Red-carpet hair secrets worth copying.
- See birthday girl Betty White through the years.
- All about The Hunger Games nail polish collection, Colours of the Capitol.
- How to avoid three ways you may be damaging your hair.
- Cute and convenient solid perfumes.
- Find out the best way to apply winged eyeliner.
- Learn how to create Zooey Deschanel's tuxedo manicure from the Golden Globes.
- 5 must-have eco-friendly beauty products.