- Pop culture Halloween: costume ideas for BFFs
- Homemade candy recipes to try now
- See newlyweds Blake and Ryan at Amber Tamblyn's wedding
- How to create cute cobweb nail art
- All that 90s costumes for your guy
- Halloween party themes to put the kids in the All Hallows' Eve spirit
- The hottest heels to hit the pavement all have T-straps this season
- Design moments from Zara's Home launch collection
- Video: Kate Middleton starts her day with shirtless soccer players
- Tips for saving money on pet food
- Deck yourself in jewel tones for Fall
- CelebStyle: Shop Gossip Girl's new season 6 fashions
- iWant: handcrafted tech-xtiles
- Adorable and adoptable dogs looking for love
- Try a reverse French manicure in unexpected colors
Posts for October 9th 2012
Last night Olivia Wilde stepped out with a brand-new chocolate brown hair hue, a big departure from the light blond strands she debuted back in April. The actress has been making drastic hair moves all year long. She kicked off 2012 by cutting her chest-length hair into a shoulder-grazing bob. Then came the honey-blond strands for her role in Rush, and recently she's been sporting something more in-between: an ombré style with chestnut roots. This isn't the first time we've seen Olivia go towards the darker end of the spectrum. What do you think of her latest look?
In How to Marry a Millionaire, Marilyn Monroe proclaimed that "men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses." But if Marilyn could have seen Rashida Jones last night, she might have changed her tune. The actress stepped out in thick Buddy Holly-esque glasses, pairing her smart style with makeup that didn't get lost behind her frames. The trick to nailing the eyewear and makeup look is seriously simple: keep your eye makeup clean and draw attention to your lips.
Follow Rashida's lead by opting for a neutral, shimmery shadow, like Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Shadow ($24), to draw light to your eyes. Then focus your eyeliner on the outer corners, keeping the inner corners clear of pigment to prevent eyes from appearing closed in. Curl your lashes and add two coats of mascara for added drama. Finish with a swipe of a bright lipstick color, like Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Smoked Peach ($8). Double takes guaranteed.
- Designer Monika Chiang reveals her skin care secrets — Styleite
- Do people expect certain behavior from blondes? — HuffPost Style
- Mix up these products for the perfect hairstyling cocktail — Stylelist
- See how these three beauty buys stack up — The Cut
- Get flawless skin with these nine tips — Real Simple
- Which country should you buy your foundation from? — Refinery29
- Runway hairstyles you'll want to wear ASAP — The Fashion Spot
- Are you guilty of committing these beauty missteps? — Allure
- How to avoid heat-related hair breakage — Naturally Curly
- Will you be trying the retro hair trend this Fall? — The Blush
Shiseido Artistic Director Dick Page is one of the world's best makeup artists, creating to-die-for color collections and Spring 2013 runway looks for Michael Kors, Narciso Rodriguez, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Safe to say his skills are in high demand, which may explain why he's able to make only one personal appearance each year. During his recent day at Nordstrom San Francisco, he explained why beauty is a choice — and what you need to do to pull off red lipstick. (You've never heard advice like this. Trust us on this one.)
Re-create this whimsical, spider-woven manicure for Halloween using just an art liner brush and black and white nail polish. To achieve the cobwebbed look, start by prepping the nails with a base coat, followed by two coats of black nail polish. Once dry, use a thin art liner brush to sweep on two to three diagonal lines from corner to corner. Finally, connect the lines using U-shaped strokes. Only one coat is required to get a gossamer, see-through finish. And don't forget to seal your design with a top coat. Optional: Add a spidery detail on one nail for a frightful finish, or try using glow in the dark polish for an incandescent effect.
And now at 26, Kaley is Proactiv's latest spokesperson. She counts the brand's Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 30 as a favorite, along with Sachajuan Volume Powder, Josie Maran Argan Balm, and Hourglass Powder as her makeup-bag staples. A good attitude does wonders too. "I learned early on in this business that for every person who loves you, there are 10 who don't. I have many passions outside my work, and I think that's why I have maintained such a balanced life," Kaley explains.
As for season six of The Big Bang Theory, the CBS comedy in which she stars, expect the unexpected. She does reveal that Leonard (Johnny Galecki) and her character, Penny, will work on their relationship. But when it comes to the similarities between the actress and the role she portrays, that's where a big line gets drawn into the sand. "The only thing I have in common with my character is that we both live next to other people," she quips.
Ready to party like an A-lister and look like one, too? Whether you’re an in-the-know native or a soon-to-be guest, get ready to have your #BestNightEver in some of America’s most vibrant cities: New York, Miami, and Los Angeles!
These tips will keep you on your toes — and the paparazzi on your heels.
- Make it a mane event. Before it’s a night to remember, it has to be a good hair day. Gorgeous locks start at the scalp, so prep more than a week beforehand with new CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™. The breakthrough approach nourishes the scalp, creating the right foundation for strong, beautiful hair in seven days!
- Be ready for anything. You never know where the evening is going to take you, so choose an ensemble that’s classic, chic, and comfortable (Note to self: killer stilettos might just kill your party buzz!).
- Don’t believe the hype. If your goal is to hit the most talked about spots in town, you’ll probably spend most of your night waiting behind the velvet rope. Think like a celeb and go incognito at one of the city’s hidden gems.
For even more tips and a complete list of hot spots download a city guide below.
Click here to see our guide to the #BestNightEver in NYC.
Click here to see our guide to the #BestNightEver in Miami.
Click here to see our guide to the #BestNightEver in Los Angeles.