- Find holiday shopping tips from our favorite Etsy sellers
- See the hottest People's Choice nominees for 2013
- 20 wow-worthy tablescapes from Dining by Design
- Beauty gifts under $30 you'll want to keep for yourself
- A brine-free solution to your Thanksgiving turkey woes
- Kiowa Gordon talks Rob and Kristen's parenting skills
- This week's most stylish social-media snaps
- Is The Silver Linings Playbook a watch, pass, or rent?
- Brad Pitt gets bloody for World War Z reshoots
- Get Emily VanCamp's revenge-worthy workout
- 14 Black Friday ads worth checking out
- Kim Kardashian gets sporty in a leather-sleeved varsity jacket
- How 3D portraits are finally made possible
- Change your look up with just one product
Posts for November 15th 2012
If you have a friend or family member who knows her notes, a beautiful bottle of perfume may put you on her "nice" list this holiday season. And with all the gorgeous sets that start cropping up around this time of year, you can give the gift of fragrance along with some extra goodies. Keep clicking for some of 2012's best finds.
Bold, bright lipsticks are go-tos when it comes to holiday makeup. But the Winter chill can turn your lips dry and chapped, which isn't exactly the best canvas for your statement lips. So how do you reconcile your need for fabulous color with your need for well-hydrated lips? If you know what ingredients to look for on the lipstick packaging, silky smooth lips with mega-watt pigment are within your reach. To find out those nourishing ingredients, read more.
Playing with color and nail art is fun, but sometimes DIY nail designs require a certain level of skill, patience, and time. This ombré look is playful and easy to do. All you need are five different bottles of polish in the same color family. Just paint a different polish on each finger going from lightest to darkest. Learn the trick to five fabulously matched polishes when you read more.
Jada Pinkett Smith has a full head of curls that many natural-haired women envy. If you don't have a loose curl pattern or extra length like Jada, there are a few styling methods you can try to achieve hair that is large and in charge. Get tips for creating big bouncy ringlets on natural hair when you keep reading.
- Get beauty advice from Twilight's leading lady — Allure
- The best Sexiest Man Alive hair moments — HuffPost Style
- Eight makeup ideas to try this season — The Fashion Spot
- Is your hairstyle a flight security risk? — Styleite
- Glamorous holiday hair and makeup ideas — Beauty High
- How to wear flattering eye makeup with spectacles — The Cut
- Must-have products for a curly hair survival kit — Real Simple
- Editor-approved mascaras everyone should try — Refinery29
- Questions you should ask your dermatologist — Glo
- Create a studded textured manicure — The Beauty Department
Between Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, your social media feed is likely on overload. But if you're looking for beauty inspiration and tips, there are a few go-to names you should add to your list. These top experts will provide ideas on everything from applying makeup to new product information galore. Don't forget to follow BellaSugar, too.
One of my favorite 30 Rock lines is when, in frustration, Liz Lemon calls Jack and Tracy "the cause of my jawline acne." Ah, if only workplace stress could explain everyone's breakouts. We asked Ranella Hirsch, a clinical assistant professor of dermatology at Boston University School of Medicine, what the alternate causes might be, and she gave us a surprising answer.
If you've ever had a breakout on your jawline, clearing it up might be easier than you think. Here, Allure reveals the surprising causes of bumps along the jaw.
Any fine perfumer knows that categorizing scents can be a complicated process. There are florals and chypres, orientals and gourmands, fougère and fresh, and even more subcategories. If you have trouble understanding the lingo, here's how you can expand your aromatic vocabulary.
The first step is to determine the notes. Top notes disappear quickly, middle notes are the heart of the fragrance, and about 30 minutes in, the base notes take over. All of these ingredients combine to reach a heady aroma. And some scents fit more than one fragrance mold. Find out which category is your favorite and which notes to look for when you read more
Nothing gets more use in your makeup bag than the basics, which is why the Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Eyeshadow Quad in Desert ($67) is a beauty must have. The iconic Dolce & Gabbana leopard print makes this packaging even more chic, and the coordinating shadows, a nod to the outer design, are the perfect warm neutrals for everyday use. Featuring an assortment of matte powders, a shimmering gold accent provides a touch of the brand's glamorous roots. You can wear the darker shade as an eyeliner or use it to build more drama to a warm smoky eye. It's easy to get in touch with your wild side when the colors are just that easy to wear.