- Winter boot sales you don't want to miss
- Classic and quirky Christmas cookie cutters
- Victoria and the kids house hunt in London as David preps for his Galaxy farewell
- Update black nail polish with a sparkling top coat
- Laugh along with our favorite 2012 videos from Jon Stewart
- The best family gifts to give
- Tour stunning Santorini villas with classic Greek style
- Catching Fire set pics: See Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson dive into action
- Video: Kate Middleton's "not sure" about her new hairstyle in Cambridge!
- Unexpected DIY gift-wrap ideas
- Ways to save calories on cocktails
- CelebStyle: Add Kate Middleton's ladylike beige coat to your Winter mix
- Perfect gifts for science geeks and lab lovers
- Adorable NFL dog gear perfect for game day
Posts for November 28th 2012
The statuesque Australian DJ duo Nervo are making major waves in the music and beauty scene. They're the newest faces of CoverGirl, and while there are other pop stars with the coveted title, twins Liv and Mim Nervo are the first faces from the electronic dance music (EDM) scene to represent the brand. "We're still pinching ourselves. It's incredible," Liv said of the honor. "It means we're joining the long list of ladies who are leading the way of individuality, being confident in your own skin, and feeling beautiful," Mim added.
To learn more about these beauties, read on.
A black manicure is a fashion staple, but adding a touch of shimmer creates the perfect go-with-everything holiday manicure. Keep your nails trimmed short and use a file to get your desired shape. Next, apply two coats of your favorite black lacquer — I used Essie Licorice ($8). There are plenty of scintillating top coats to choose from this season. For this particular manicure, I opted for Butter London Fairy Cake ($14), which features fine silver and holographic glitter in a pale gray polish. The sheer base mutes the severity of the black polish and adds a dose of multifaceted glitter in one coat.
Sometimes natural hair can seem dull (even after conditioner, creams, and butters). From the start, tightly coiled hair has a harder time reflecting light. But if you want your curls to shine like Solange Knowles's, there are a few tricks to try for glistening (not greasy) curls.
Usually one to opt for more soft, girlie makeup and polished hair, Lily Collins strutted the red carpet sporting surprisingly dark makeup with grunge-esque hair. Taking the hot trends for Fall to the extreme, Lily paired her signature bold brows with black eyeliner and a deep berry lipstick to round things out. The whole look gave off a punk rock vibe, enhanced by Lily's dangly ear cuff and studded dress. Changing up your makeup in the Fall and Winter months is always a bold move, but what do you think of Lily's dark transformation?
- See Kate Middleton's latest hair update — HuffPost Style
- Proof that fiery red is the new hair color to try — InStyle
- Do you know when to dump spoiled skin care products? — Allure
- Model Lara Stone reveals her Winter makeup must have — The Cut
- Karlie Kloss sports pigtails and a sleek pony for Target — Styleite
- Common beauty blunders you're probably making — Real Simple
- Find the perfect bangs for your face shape — The Fashion Spot
- Azealia Banks reveals her makeup favorites (glitter is involved) — Racked
- Burberry strikes gold for the holiday season — Temptalia
- Three striking ways to make your eyes pop — Glo
When you're putting the finishing touches on your party ensembles this holiday season, don't forget the lipstick and nail departments. Whether you're opting to go color-coordinated or you're looking for something more daring, there's something here to inspire. Click through to find six enticing nail polish and lipstick pairings that are sure to grab all the attention. And when someone asks to snap your photo, you'll be all set to do your own rendition of Madonna's famous "Vogue" pose.
You have a tube of hand cream stashed away in your purse and perhaps in your car or at your desk, too. While it's great for adding moisture back to your palms, this versatile product also has other useful tricks that can help beautify in a pinch.
1. Take down frizz: Get those unruly strands or random flyaways in check. Rub a small dab between your palms and then lightly run through your strands to smooth and tame.
2. Groom curls: If your twists need some attention, break out the hand cream to hydrate and define your curls.
3. Cuticle treatment: Sure, you slather it all over your hands, but if you have dry, cracked cuticles, make sure to give each finger a little extra love around your nail beds.
4. Fight static: Are your clothes clinging to you in all the wrong places? Use hand cream in a pinch. To stop static, either rub hand cream sparsely on your palms, lightly smoothing over your clothes, or head to a discreet location and apply under your clothes (as in directly on your skin) where needed.
5. Hydrating shave cream: If your shaving routine has left you high and dry, why not use a rich hand cream as an alternative? Your skin will thank you.