- Geek's wild about Lomo's new chrome and leather camera
- Savvy suggests changing your post work routine and donating to charity
- Fab's feeling florals, bright colors, and sleek, graphic accessories
- Casa's craving chic Moroccan home accessories
- Buzz is excited about the return of Mad Men and new music from The Shins
- Yum's yearning for high-class new kitchen gadgets
- Bella's hoping for Hunger Games-inspired nail polish
- Tres's diving into tomes by Rachel Dratch and Kristen Johnson
- Lil's loving travel essentials and baby care products from Jessica Alba
- Fit's hyped up on Lululemon's riding blazer and chocolate coconut water
Posts for March 1st 2012
Watch one of the world's most timeless sports cars in action in this new ad for Porsche 911.
March is supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, but as far as beauty is concerned, we're in prime time for new pastels, hot limited-edition collections, and skin care designed to get you glowing in time for warmer weather. This month you'll be able to get Hunger Games nail polish, ancient Egyptian-inspired nail decals, and all the cool new lipstick and foundation you can handle. Check out our picks for the best of the bunch now.
Source: Flickr User Mizrak
The Brits are known for their out-of-the-box style, and this year at London Fashion Week, the hair was no exception. We saw everything from looks inspired by the animal kingdom to hair that was literally architectural, plus wild braids and unexpected texture galore. And if the avant-garde isn't for you, don't fret — Kate Middleton also managed to be one of the season's biggest hair influences. So check out all these styles and more exciting looks from London Fall 2012.
This weekend in Milan, bold lips got a feminine makeover thanks to makeup artist Peter Philips's saturated rose mouths at Jil Sander. "It's strong, but delicate at the same time," he said of the look backstage. To play up the color's ladylike appeal, Philips used a soft pink lip pencil to create "a classic shape" with the models' mouths. Then, he painted them with a rose-petal pink lipstick using a small fluffy brush. (Try tracing just inside the edge of the lips with Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in Rose before adding Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in 508 on top.)
One more trick to pulling off the look: Keep skin looking matte and even-toned, says Philips, who used Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 foundation on the skin and skipped blush altogether.
More from Allure:
- Cate Blanchett says she "pities" women who've had plastic surgery — Refinery 29
- Just in time for St. Patrick's Day: how to wear shamrock without looking froggy — Stylelist
- Lady Gaga goes to Harvard wearing an unbelievable headpiece — Styleite
- Be a beauty rebel and ditch these rules — Beauty High
- Get all FarmVille on your nails — Beautylish
- The staff of Elle magazine made a sexy music video — The Cut
- Make Up For Ever's best Spring shades — Makeup and Beauty Blog
- Yes, you can wear metallic makeup — The Fashion Spot
- New makeup and hair products guaranteed to make your life easier — Real Simple
Private Practice star Kate Walsh is also a perfume impresario, and she just came out with her second scent, Billionaire Boyfriend. We recently talked to Kate about what it's really like to design a celebrity fragrance, what scents she associates with actual boyfriends, and whether she has any intention of following in Justin Bieber's footsteps. Check out the world premiere of her newest commercial above (there's an octopus and a mermaid, so you know it's good), and find out more about Kate's Boyfriend experience below when you read more.