Posts for June 17th 2012
Wedding season is in full swing, and we have everything you need when it comes to dresses, decor, bridal beauty, and more. Whether you're a bridesmaid in need of the best tips, seeking savvy spending advice, or in the mood to check out the most memorable TV and movie weddings, look no further.
Click through now to see our ever-expanding 2012 wedding season coverage.
- Summer updos that are ideal for a day by the water
- How high is your sunscreen IQ? Take our quiz to test your smarts
- Get in on the wet hairstyle trend (it's cooler than you think)
- Put a spin on The Hunger Games plait with this playful side French braid
- Three steps to bronzer application perfection that will leave you glowing
- Take a makeup risk and wear red eye shadow
- Learn how to use highlighter in all the right places
- The weekly hair oil treatment that will give you instant shine
- Get DIY beauty recipes from chef Giada De Laurentiis
- See half-moon-shaped nail-art appliqués from the MAC and Ruffian collaboration
A great, effortless hairstyle for a wedding or special event is a romantic, loose updo. Check out this video to see how you can get the summery style in just a few steps — just be prepared for loads of complements to follow. Accessories featured: Colette Malouf Bridal Collection hair pins and Towne & Reese earrings.
As the name suggests, the lightweight but rich gel-cream contains silk proteins, which help skin retain moisture. Additionally, a blend of bioactives derived from green tea, algae, and rice bran shield the skin's barrier function, all while protecting against UV-induced damage. Most of all, the nongreasy cream glides on smoothly, even doubling as a makeup primer thanks to the ultrasmooth foundation it lays. Apply just a pearl-sized amount using the attached gold spoon, which is ingeniously tied to the jar with a piece of silk fabric (as a nod to the geisha's traditional silk robes). Then, sit back in awe of your gorgeously bright, plumped-up complexion, as well as the fact that you'll won't be loosing this skin cream applicator wand.