- The most coveted West Coast beach haunts
- The best greek frozen yogurts
- Pregnant Megan Fox poses in a bikini and shows PDA with Brian Austin Green
- Tricks from Jessica Alba's makeup artist to get a brighter, glowing complexion
- Wimbledon eye candy to watch
- Celeb Mama's pimp their cribs
- Find the bikini to match your beach personality
- All the hot pictures of Channing Tatum from Magic Mike
- Video: Victoria Beckham and the Spice Girls reunite to talk girl power
- A CEO's insight on how to shine as a job candidate
- How to burn calories in the water
- Uggie puts two paws in the pavement
- CelebStyle: Shop the latest celebrity must-have pieces
- Ways to watch TV without cable
Posts for June 26th 2012
Jessica Alba is known for her enviably luminous skin, and it's in part thanks to the talents of her makeup artist, Lauren Andersen. So get glowing. See Jessica's complexion routine, including some tips on how to contour like a professional, in the video now. On Kirbie: BCBG.
- Why Kate Hudson is qualified to be your makeup artist — HuffPost Style
- Stop shine with these six warm-weather tricks — Stylelist
- The Spice Girls are all grown-up and reunited; see them then and now — Styleite
- Watch shirtless men test the hottest scents of the season — The Cut
- Create the illusion of longer hair during your big grow-out — Refinery 29
- Discover Amazon's picks for the top nonneon beauty buys — Racked
- Prepare for the Fourth with these need-to-know sunscreen facts — The Fashion Spot
- Quick makeup fixes that will give your look added oomph — Real Simple
- Get inspired by the peek-a-boo braid trend — InStyle
- Saving-grace complexion tips for acned skin — The Frisky
After calculating almost seven million reader votes and taking into account our PopSugar secret formula, we're so excited to share the sixth annual PopSugar 100 list with you! The PopSugar 100 is our annual ranking of the biggest stars in Hollywood, based on their last 12 months of accomplishments. Readers vote, taking into account everything from movie releases, personal accomplishments, new babies, loves, breakups, and everything else that makes headlines in our world. Past winners include Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, and two-time champion Robert Pattinson. The familiar favorites like Kristen Stewart, Ryan Gosling, and Beyoncé Knowles all landed high spots on the list as expected, but there were some new faces who skyrocketed to the top. See if your favorite celebrities made the 2012 PopSugar 100 list and let us know what you think of the list in the comments!
Even if math isn't your favorite subject, there are some numbers that we just can't miscalculate. Sun protection factor (SPF) is one of them and is extremely important for our skin, and should be at the forefront of our Summer health practices. Here are some essential sunscreen facts to keep in mind while you bathe:
- Believe it or not, SPFs don't add up like a simple math problem. For example, if you apply SPF 10 and SPF 30, you won't magically have SPF 40. Sunscreens don't work this way because their active ingredients do not add on top of one another. However, using two SPFs would increase your overall coverage and lessen the chance that you missed a spot while applying.
- It's weird, but different sunscreens also have different levels of protection against UVB rays, which means that they don't increase proportionally as some people believe. Just because you bump up your protection from SPF 15 to SPF 30 doesn't mean you'll be rewarded with double protection. A higher SPF does provides greater protection from those damaging short waves, so think big!
- SPF makeup can dilute the SPF in your moisturizer and actually decrease your skin's protection factor. So if you're going to use an SPF moisturizer first, then make sure to apply makeup without SPF in order to prevent reduction of your sun protection.
Discover the other key sunscreen rules to follow when you read more.