- Tour a nursery that packs a colorful punch
- Get sandy in geek-approved beach gear
- The ultimate guide to grilling
- Ways to unwind after a long workday
- Vests that provide protection for your pet
- See Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's surprise concert kiss!
- Jazz up your bikini with body chains
- Clever makeup tips you may not have heard before
- Weddings make a bang with fireworks
- The best international design hotels
- Six bags every woman should own
- Get the scoop on The Mindy Project
- Play FitSugar's fave Summer Olympian game
- Jennifer Aniston wears a bikini with shirtless Justin Theroux
Posts for July 4th 2012
Declare your independence this Fourth of July holiday from your body hair removal woes. To get bikini ready, you could choose to shave and possibly fend off razor bumps later, or plan a somewhat painful trip to the esthetician for waxing. But I recommend taking the middle ground with a depilatory cream.
Chemical hair removal creams have gotten a bad reputation in the past because they smell strange, and if you don't use them correctly they can burn. But for hard-to-reach areas like your underarms, these creams will dissolve even the coarsest of hair. Depilatories also work well on fine hair (like on the stomach) that both wax and a razor can miss. Plus, this type of hair remover won't discolor skin after regular use (I suffer from darkened underarms no longer).
For body, try Veet gel cream hair remover ($11), and then use a damp washcloth to make sure all your hair is whisked away. And on finer facial hair, opt for something like Olay facial hair removal duo ($27). While you'll still get regrowth with depilatory creams, you'll find that you won't have to remove your hair nearly as often as you would with a razor, and for shy types, there's no worry of feeling overexposed on the waxing table. Your Summer savior and time-saver has arrived.
This Independence Day, celebrate all things beautiful with our Summer beauty roundup. From poolside hairstyles, sunscreen application, and more, we've gathered our best warm-weather stories all in one place. Just click the photos below to browse away. Then go out, grab a hot dog, and enjoy the sunshine.
The Best Summer Beauty Products
Places You Might Forget to Apply Sunscreen
Sweatproof Makeup Must Haves
Summer Tattoo Care
Test Your Sunscreen Knowledge
Perfect Poolside Hairstyles
Emma Stone has been wowing everyone with her stunning The Amazing Spider-Man promotional tour looks as of late, but let's not forget her gorgeous Golden Globes style from a few months back. Donning a purple and fuchsia Lanvin gown, Emma accentuated her ensemble with a sexy, metallic cat-eye and soft rose lips. We loved the look so much that we invited makeup artist Rachel Goodwin (who created Emma's red-carpet palette for the evening) to our studios to show us how to get this sultry style at home. So watch now to learn how you can make this palette your own on your next big night out.