One of the season's hottest looks, the topknot, shows no signs of slowing down. While celebrities have been sporting this tried and true updo for seasons now, the latest way to do it is with an amped-up twist. Monica sported a bird's nest bun at the BET Awards, for instance, while Katy Perry accented her voluminous version with a pretty gold headband and purple highlights. Socialite and philanthropist Michelle Harper brought the style back to its ballerina roots, although her hanging, flipped hair in the back made for an avant-garde feel. It's three different looks from three different ladies: whose coiffure stood out the most to you?
Posts for July 7th 2012
Balayage highlights are a beautiful, natural looking take on hair color (thanks to the French). Better yet, the technique is easy to try at home. Check out the steps necessary for channeling your inner colorist, and impress your friends with your DIY efforts. Sun-kissed, buttery-blond strands await you.
- Revitalize your skin after a long Summer vacation — Kiss and Tell
- The key for creating the perfect ballerina bun — Beauty & the Blog
- The coolest gray-green polish you'll wear well into Fall — Beautopia
- Top makeup buys, from drugstore to high-end — Makeup Quest
- Explore the entire Dior Golden Jungle collection for Fall 2012 — The Make-Up Blogette