Rachel Zoe’s Spring 2013 beauty look borrowed from rock and roll inspirations yet again. The hair: one part Brigitte Bardot, another part Marianne Faithfull. Cool-girl muse Kate Moss was a reference point for the effortless-looking makeup, while a trio of polishes was blended to create a sherbet hue on nails. See our interviews with Rachel’s backstage beauty team in today’s Beauty Beat.
Posts for September 15th 2012
For Spring 2013, the need-to-know looks are deep side parts and messy, just-woke-up waves. From 3.1 Phillip Lim to Rodarte, designers made strong statements by stepping away from traditionally pretty styles. That's not to say the season doesn't have more ladylike looks, though; look to The Row and Suno for new takes on the chignon. See these and more new hairstyles in our trend wrap-up. On Kirbie: Rebecca Taylor.
The classic hair spray conundrum: which style-setter will work best for my hair without leaving it feeling like a brick? Check out three top options for all textures. Plus, uncover which spray celebrity stylists turn to time and again on the red carpet. On Kirbie: H&M, head piece by ban.do.
- Go up close and personal with the best hair and makeup from New York Fashion Week.
- Think ahead to Spring with the top nail looks straight from the runway.
- Be inspired by these amazing beauty street styles.
- You'll want to wear this intricate chignon-ponytail hybrid over and over again.
- Get a cat eye that really pops with periwinkle-winged liner.
- Tracy Reese shows how to "shave" your head, sans scissors.
- Strong, feminine beauty was a runway staple at Victoria Beckham.
- You'll be clamoring for this eye shadow that looks good on everyone.
- Create this high-textured ponytail by dividing and conquering.
- Achieve your biggest, brightest eyes with two easy steps.