- Check out which beauty products your zodiac sign gravitates toward
- Women bundle up for the presidential inauguration
- Robert Pattinson spends an Australian night out
- What was fiercer at the presidential inauguration: Beyoncé's look or her voice?
- How to avoid the awkward split-the-bill moment at dinner
- NASA makes inauguration weekend extra educational
- 25 things to consider when picking a baby name
- Get a feel for Ginnifer Goodwin's antique-style home decor
- Celebrate Squirrel Appreciation Day with these funny squirrel videos!
- The first image from Kick-Ass 2
- Catching a cold or flu? Kick the illness with these foods
- 5 ways to cook faster
- Video: Sundance Film Festival styles we love
Posts for January 21st 2013
Are you the type to hit the horoscope section of the magazine before you read anything else? Then you'll love our roundup of zodiac-inspired beauty recommendations. There are certain colors and scents that every sign gravitates toward. Excitement-loving Leos go for fiery orange tones, for instance, but Capricorns prefer earthy notes from woodland environments. Even though the zodiac year starts in March with Aries, let's think in terms of the Gregorian calendar, beginning with Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18). Find which beauty products complement your nature, along with the like-minded celebrities who fall into the same sign as you.
Some would go for red, white, or blue nail polish for such an auspicious occasion as the presidential inauguration . . . but not Beyoncé Knowles. "When Beyoncé walked in, she just plainly said, 'I want orange.' So orange it was," manicurist Lisa Logan explained. The artist sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" to close out the inauguration ceremony today decked out in a Emilio Pucci dress, and her nails were in full view. To get the exact look, use NCLA's I'm With the Band ($16), or try a similar shade: Red Carpet Manicure's Tangerine on the Rocks ($22). It seems that the the reign of Tangerine Tango, Pantone's 2012 Color of the Year, is still going strong.
Often, beauty trends seen on the fashion runways seem just out of reach for the average woman. But what about these jewel-covered lips seen on the Dior Haute Couture Spring 2013 catwalk? Makeup artist Pat McGrath painted on Dior Addict Gloss in Diablotine and Princess (both coming this Spring) to form a base and then added shimmering Swarovski crystals to complete the look. This isn't the first time Dior has asked for added sparkle. For the design house's Spring 2013 ready-to-wear runway, McGrath designed eye makeup with multicolored crystals. But the question remains: would you give this ruby kiss a try?
It has been a busy inauguration weekend for Michelle Obama . . . and her brand-new bangs. Michelle debuted the new cut on her birthday via the new FLOTUS Twitter account. Everyone has had something to say about the trim, even her husband. "I love Michelle Obama," the president said. "And to address the most significant event of this weekend: I love her bangs. She looks good — she always looks good." While the first lady may be the newest member of the blunt-bang club, other notable women seem to be jumping on the fringe trend, including Kate Middleton. Some are anticipating which designers Michelle will be wearing throughout Inauguration Day (or the Tour of the Bangs), but we can't wait to see how many different face-framing styles the FLOTUS will debut.
- Check out Gwyneth Paltrow's possible new ink — HuffPost Style
- The commercial for Marni's first fragrance has arrived — The Cut
- Ten impressive lip colors that won't budge — Allure
- Get inspired by celebrity style off the red carpet — The Fashion Spot
- Emma Stone, Olivia Wilde, and Halle Berry shoot their first Revlon ad together — People Style Watch
- Nina Garcia is the new makeover guru — Styleite
- Quick hair solutions for everything from itchy scalp to fading color — Real Simple
- Expert tips to nailing your at-home manicure — Real Beauty
- All the facts you need to grow longer hair in 2013 — Naturally Curly
- A chic way to add glitter to your lipstick look — The Beauty Department
Learn how to make a customized shaving cream that delivers serious hydration. This DIY project is fun, easy to do, and will save you a trip to the store. Plus, it's made with things you already have at home. You'll love it because it smells divine, leaves your legs incredibly soft, and the mason jar is the perfect touch of shabby chic.
Move over, France and Japan, and let Korea be on your beauty radar. The average Korean woman has easily over 10 products in her daily skin care routine, and the country's philosophy of good skin dates back to the Dongui Bogam, a Korean medical text from the 1600s. And in recent years, Korea is responsible for the eyelash extension and BB cream crazes that have become international sensations. Here are some other hot beauty trends coming from Korea's flourishing beauty counters.