Posts for March 26th 2013
Talk about blonde ambition! Modern Family star Sofia Vergara has colored her hair a golden hue to usher in the warmer temps. Sofia, who typically sticks to deep brown colors, shared the photo of her new look on her Instagram account earlier today. What do you think of her blond hair?
Ever lusted after Gwyneth Paltrow's sleek blowout? Well, you're in luck, as the actress is planning to open a blow-dry bar as her latest beauty endeavor. Gwyneth will be collaborating with trainer Tracy Anderson and hairstylist David Babaii to open an exclusive salon in April. The David Babaii Blow Dry Bar will nested within Tracy Anderson's Brentwood studio in LA, so it's a members-only experience. But clients will be able to get a blowout post-workout or just a simple style that is sweat-resistant. Gwyneth has been on a roll in the beauty arena with a Max Factor spokeswoman slot, a Hugo Boss fragrance deal, and her lacquer collaboration with Goop and Butter London. Makeup, fragrance, nails, and now hair — Gwyneth is well on her way to amassing a beauty empire.
Marion Cotillard went with a sleek, modern look at the Rust & Bone premiere in Tokyo yesterday, wearing her hair stick-straight and debuting short, blunt fringe. To get this low-volume look, sidestep the mousse and use a silkening serum like Kenra Shine Serum ($18) for a high-gloss blowout. Then, go over with a flat iron to smooth strands. Finally, use a touch of styling wax on your fingers to style parted bangs for an added edge. Marion completed her look with sparkling copper shadow and a glossy salmon lip color.
- Services your dermatologist can do for a younger-looking you — Allure
- How this woman uses less makeup for awe-inducing skin — HuffPost Style
- Smart hair tools that could cut your styling time in half — Real Simple
- Check out Victoria Beckham's ecommerce site — Styleite
- How spray tanning can score you a set of killer abs — The Cut
- Simple steps to rocking the bold brow trend — Refinery29
- Spring products you'll want to pick up ASAP — Real Beauty
- Expand your eyeliner collection with the latest from Urban Decay — Temptalia
- Look back at the most memorable hairstyles in film — Fashionista
- Get the most out of your mascara with these tips — The Beauty Department
The season for weeklong beach vacations, overseas plane rides, and cross-country treks is here. Celebrating Spring break can take a toll on your skin and hair, whether you're laying out in your backyard or partying in Bora Bora. So, beware of these basic beauty mistakes that can ruin your vacation. To get tips for sidestepping these classic beach slip-ups, read more.
Hair gel gives you a high-power hold that can't be beat. But, unfortunately, it often goes on tacky, dries crunchy, and leaves a white residue. What's a curly-haired girl to do? Curls Cashmere Curl Jelly ($18) is a gel that glides on like silk (probably due to the cashmere extract), making it easier to detangle strands. It weighs curls down so that you get added length and definition, but it doesn't dry crunchy. Now you can get a touchable hold sans the crackle, white flakes, and sticky fingers.