One of our favorite fashion brands makes its foray into beauty: Tory Burch adds fragrance, color cosmetics, and body care to her repertoire. Gorgeously packaged in the designer’s signature orange hue, the line includes perfumes, lipsticks, cheek tints, body lotion, bronzer, candles, and more.
It used to be that a trip to Paris meant bringing along an empty suitcase to house all the drugstore beauty buys you'd stock up on. Fortunately, the days of product smuggling are just about over. Most of the products that travelers pine over are available stateside, thanks to that handy thing called online shopping. In honor of Paris Fashion Week, click through to see the top 10 French brands you'll fall in love with . . . and keep your passport at home.
It’s Beauty Week! Through Oct. 6, Saks Fifth Avenue is running more than 75 beauty gift-with-purchase offers from brands like Nars, Bobbi Brown, and Trish McEvoy. Beauty or fragrance orders of $100 or more will receive a sample-filled tote in navy (enter BEAUTYTN), cognac (enter BEAUTYCT), or white (enter BEAUTYWT).
September marks the beginning of Fall and means getting back to business, which is why we're kicking off the month with our favorite new launches to help you transition from the laid-back days of Summer to the more crisp days of Autumn. From new ways to style your hair to new ways to update your makeup bag and skin care routine, we have the latest beauty finds worth nabbing this month. Just keep clicking!
Through Sept. 1, tarte cosmetics is celebrating Labor Day by offering 15% off your entire order, excluding sale items; just enter LDAY. Shop the brand’s new Fall line, which features statement mascara, airbrush foundation, 12-hour lipstick, and much more.
Showering is an essential part of a healthy routine, but depending on the temperature, your time spent under the water can offer different benefits. Whether you like it hot or prefer it cold, learn how your showering routine can affect your health. After reading, you might rethink which way you turn the dial.
Some Like It Hot
- Hot showers can relieve tension and soothe stiff muscles. If you have a powerful shower head, even better! Let the hot water work like a mini massage on your shoulders, neck, and back.
- Studies have shown that taking a hot shower can amp up your oxytocin levels and ease anxiety. Anyone working with stress can use more of the love hormone in their life!
- A hot shower also acts as a natural decongestant to relieve cold symptoms, since the hot steam moisturizes nasal passages.
- Under the weather and running a slight fever? A hot shower might be what you need to help break your fever, and bring your temperature back to normal.
If the idea of a icy shower terrifies you, here's why you might rethink turning down the temp.
Marc Jacobs has just released his first-ever makeup collection, and needless to say, it's lived up to the hype. The line, available at Sephora, features everything from high-shine lip gloss to featherweight foundation — all encased in sleek, black-lacquered packaging. With prices ranging from $18 for a bottle of nail polish to $78 for an antibacterial bronzer brush, believe us when we say these pieces are well worth the beauty investment.
When you have somewhere to be, getting your workout over with and slipping in and out of the locker room is more important than ever. Besides maximizing your time by choosing the right kind of workout, you also want to choose the right products. Watch to find out the three products that help us shave at least 30 minutes off our gym time!
When camping, you have to be pretty OK with whatever the wilderness throws at you. A no-brainer for experienced campers, but for those who have never roughed it in the wilderness, it can be hard adjusting to sleeping outside or skipping that daily shower. If you know someone like this — or it's you! — here are a few essentials to make sure that you get a good night's rest and also look your absolute best (without seeming like a princess).
When it comes to your beauty routine, there's no need to spend big bucks. Rather than breaking the bank on spa facials and makeup counter creams, you can get the same results for less with a few savvy tricks. Shopping smarter and getting creative with household products, will keep your skin clean, clear, and under budget. Check out our list below and learn to make DIY and deals the main focus of your makeup bag!
- Turn to your kitchen: It's not just your medicine cabinet but your kitchen cabinets that are filled with beauty secrets. In fact, you can beautify everything from skin to hair using common kitchen ingredients. Vinegar is great for soothing skin while this DIY face mask uses ingredients like tea and lemon to brighten your complexion.
- Take it online: Heading online is a great way to score deals and compare the price of products. Discount sites like Gilt City offer weekly deals at local salons, and retailers like Sephora often have exclusive online-only sales. Signing up for email alerts will help you keep track of sales and seasonal discounts that you may miss otherwise. Lastly, before you dish out for a new face cream or serum, read reviews about the product at Makeupalley. This will prevent you from spending money on a product that isn't worth the hype.
- Hit up the dollar and drugstore: No need to head to the makeup counter, everything you need is awaiting you at the drug and dollar store. The dollar store is a great place to score basics like brushes, soap, and shampoo while the drugstore is filled with beauty buys under $10. Always use your membership card, this will help you collect points and beauty related coupons for further purchases.
- Recycle, Recycle: Recycling is always good, especially when it comes to beauty products. Companies like MAC are so committed to the environment, they give you free lipstick for old tubes, while Stila makes compacts that can easily be refilled. You can also put old lipstick to use by melting it into a finger gloss and storing it in an old mint tin or small container.
- Buy in bulk: Because you'll always use essentials like shampoo and toothpaste, buy those products in bulk at Costco or when those products are on sale. It's cost effective and will prevent you from constantly having to restock.
- Score big with samples: Samples are short for "free makeup." Not only will you discover what products you like and dislike, they will freshen up your look without costing a dime. Most samples last longer than one use, making them great for traveling or your office makeup bag. Score samples at the makeup counter, signing up with Samples Beauty.com, or our very own POPSUGAR Sample Squad.