- Why brush your teeth with that boring old brush your dentist gave you? Reach by Design has just come out with its latest line of patterned toothbrushes, which were designed by Shoshanna Gruss and Flipping Out's Jeff Lewis.
- From Harajuku Lovers to Betsey Johnson, Tweezerman is always pairing up with the best in quirky. But this time around, it's all about the bling. Available now are the brand's Swarovski Crystal Tweezers and Stand ($200) or the Crystal Slant Tweezers ($100), available in various hues.
- Tarina Tarantino is known for her cute jewelry and fun, colorful makeup, and now she's taken her vibrant design sense into the hairstyling tools realm. This Paul Mitchell by Tarina Tarantino Express Ion Smooth flat iron will make your morning styling routine all the more merry, and it's available exclusively at salons that sell Paul Mitchell products.
- Cover up nicks and cuts stylishly with Dress-Up Band-Aids by Cynthia Rowley ($5). The bandages are so fashionable, you'll find yourself wanting to wear them just because.
Angus Mitchell, son of the legendary hair stylist Paul Mitchell, shares tips on what to ask for when headed into the salon. If you have an oval face like Beyoncé, Jennifer Garner or Jessica Alba, you can pretty much get away with any hair cut, but for other face shapes - be it round like Gwyneth Paltrow or Cameron Diaz, or square like Demi Moore or Sandra Bullock - watch our video to find out what flatters!
You probably have a blow-dryer and curling iron in your beauty repertoire. But, have you ever treated yourself to premium versions of these essential hair-care tools? Well, now's your chance to experience professional styling products that not only use advanced technology, but are eco friendly, too. Thanks to Paul Mitchell, one lucky winner will receive two ergonomically designed products from the company's Pro Tools line!
Here's what's included in this fabulous prize package:
- Paul Mitchell Express Ion Dry v.2: A 1875-watt blow-dryer that dries hair gently and quickly, all while keeping your locks hydrated and frizz-free.
- Paul Mitchell Express Ion Curl 1.0: A one-inch aluminum curling iron that heats hair evenly, without causing damage.
To enter, just take the quiz by 12 p.m. (PDT) on Sunday, April 5, and one winner will be selected at random. Your eligibility is not based on getting the answers correct, just on taking the quiz after you are logged in. You do, however, need to be a TeamSugar member to enter. So if you're not already one, register for an account. One quiz entry per person; all repeat quizzes will be ignored. Prizes can be shipped to US destinations only. Remember: You must be logged in to TeamSugar for your entry to count. For the complete rules, click here. Good luck!Take the Quiz
Go Green with Paul Mitchell Bella's got the scoop on how you can enter to win an Eco Friendly From Head to Toe Wardrobe including Paul Mitchell hair care, CARE by Stella McCartney skin care, and other equally green-friendly clothing items (like Edun denim)! In addition, if you spend more than $25 on Paul Mitchell products, you'll receive a Fabworthy gold clutch! So go ahead go green and go gold!
It's not often that you can use products that allow you to look good, feel good, and do good all at the same time. So when the opportunity arises, you know Bella has to give you the scoop, especially when it involves free swag (that's the feel good part). From now until December 10, you can enter to win an Eco Friendly From Head to Toe Wardrobe including Paul Mitchell hair care, CARE by Stella McCartney skin care, and other equally green-friendly clothing items (like Edun denim)! In addition, if you spend more than $25 on Paul Mitchell products, you'll receive a Fabworthy gold clutch! So go ahead go green and go gold!
Thanks to Lucky Magazine for sponsoring this post.
Welcome to my third and final post in this tea tree oil products series. Today I've picked out a few very special hair and scalp products containing tea tree oil that are designed to correct dry, itchy, flaky unbalanced scalps, as well as lackluster, brittle hair. If you have any favorites of your own, please leave a comment and let me know more about them!
Paul Mitchell has a whole range of tea tree products. One that I've specifically heard a great deal about is his Tea Tree Hair and Scalp Treatment ($11.99). It has a great invigorating sensation and smell and is believed to soothe, calm and moisturize the texture of the skin on your scalp as well as condition, repair and protect your hair.
For two more tea tree oil products for your hair, read more
Hair waxes are the greatest invention for those of you with short hair that like to go for the chunky, piecey look. They are a cross between gel, mousse, and hairspray, allowing hair a medium hold with pliability. Genius, I say. Let me know what you think of these three styling hair waxes.
Bumble and Bumble Styling Wax ($23) is a styling product that helps separate and hold. Since it contains silicone, it also adds a fair amount of sheen to the hair. Because the wax stays moist, your hair will be more malleable than if you applied a hairspray or gel.
It also rinses out easily in just one washing and won't cause build up. Just click on Bumble's website to find a retailer nearest you that carries this product.
For two more styling waxes, read more
With all of the gorgeous red carpet and complex hair dos I've been covering, I realized that a light hold hairspray isn't always enough. Sometimes you've got to kick things up a notch to ensure all that hard work doesn't fall apart. However, trying to find a hairspray that won't leave your hair (and fingers) feeling sticky and icky isn't always that easy. Alas...here are a few!
Dove Extra Hold Aerosol Hairspray, $5.19, is a medium hold spray - so don't let the name fool you. This spray is much more gentle than you think. It is formulated with their fabulous weightless moisturizer® that conditions as it styles so that you don't get that gross gooey feeling in your hair. You will still get natural movement with just a little more hold than in a light spray, plus, it smells great and dries really quickly!
For two more medium hold hairsprays, read more