From her studded brooches and bobby pins to the gilded wreaths and turbans, Jennifer Behr is the fairy godmother of hair accessories. And her newest collection has everything you need to get through all your upcoming holiday events. In fact, Kate Middleton was just spotted in a tiara that reminds us of Behr's Grecian headband design. You don't have to be royalty to don one of these swoon-worthy accessories that also look amazing on your holiday shopping (or wish!) list.
Glamorous makeup doesn't always mean a red lip, as proven by Katy Perry at last night's annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball. The singer was sporting a monochromatic makeup look that perfectly complemented her festive outfit, but the look was surprisingly subdued. A neutral smoky eye gave way to a jewel-toned, nude lip that paired gorgeously with a burgundy manicure. The thing that makes Katy's look so ideal is that it's high-impact without being overly colorful. It's the perfect makeup palette for the holidays, be it a work party or a New Year's Eve bash. We were so enamored with this entire look, we started thinking of ways to mimic it. Shop below for the product picks to re-create Katy's look.
'Tis the season to celebrate, and by celebrate, we mean eat a ton of homemade Christmas cookies. But if you're watching your calories or just want that delicious just-out-of-the-oven scent with you all day long, you're in luck with these delicious beauty products, like
The smoky eye is one of the holiday season's most coveted eye shadow looks, but applying all that black shadow can get pretty ugly if you don't know what you're doing. For those of us (ahem . . . like me) who aren't so skilled with smoky eye application, Topshop has gifted us its Smoky Eye Kit ($44). The kit contains the brand's uber-luxe kohl liner, a full-sized tube of its 3D Curve Mascara, and a palette with four shadow shades. While I love the liner and the mascara, my favorite has to be palette, mostly because it does the work for you. Along with your typical black shadow, Topshop's Tuxedo palette houses burgundy, purple, and cream shades, making it easy to create a bunch of different looks. This may be the only kit you need to get you through the holiday season. And as if that weren't enough, the entire kit comes tucked inside a fluorescent envelope clutch. Christmas has come early!
The curly girl is typically the queen of hair products, from her DIY avocado deep conditioner recipe to her bottles of gel, but this season, you can give her gifts she'll love. From a gem-encrusted headband to a blow dryer made specifically for curly hair, these presents will ensure her good hair days outweigh her bad in 2014. The best part is they start at just $5!
December means it's time to get decked out in your finest sparkle. So whether you're headed to another holiday party or just getting in that festive spirit, you need a good bottle of scintillating polish. But who says all silver glitter is the same? Click through for 10 lovely and lustrous lacquers to make the holidays an even grander affair.
There are plenty of reasons to love the holidays, and as beauty editors, we can't think of a better time of the year to be completely dazzled by the gorgeously packaged gifts from our favorite brands. Right now, beauty counters are overflowing with amazing palettes and gift sets, so we're helping you cut through the chaos with our handpicked favorites. Just keep clicking to see what we're giving (and hoping to receive!) this year.
Space NK has released its holiday catalog for 2013, and it's a veritable feast for the eyes of beauty-lovers. The best of the best of Space NK's offerings are all tucked away here, and we want it all. But since that isn't exactly attainable, we've pared our list down to 10 of our favorites from Space NK. Keep clicking to see what we picked!
If you weren't a fan of the crowds on Black Friday, then these Cyber Monday beauty deals are for you. Our comprehensive list includes incredible gifts-with-purchase and discount codes from your favorite cosmetics and skin care brands. So feel free to avoid the rabid shoppers and messy stores on Black Friday, and get all your shopping done on Dec. 2 (you don't even have to wear pants).
- Ahava: From Nov. 27 to Dec. 2, you'll get 40 percent off sitewide. You can also get a hand cream gift set for $18 (originally $42).
- Alba Botanica: When you enter the code ALBATHANKYOU, get a buy two, get one free deal.
- Alterna: Get the 3 Steps to Flawless Hair Kit with shampoo, conditioner, and CC cream for only $10 (originally $26) at Sephora only.
- Avalon Organics: Get 20 percent off your entire cart when you enter the discount code AVALONTHANKS.
- Birchbox: When you buy $55 worth of full-size products, you can get an exclusive Rebecca Taylor makeup bag for free. Just type in REBECCAGIFT.
- Bliss: Save 20 percent on full-size bottles of Elemis and Remede products.
- Bobbi Brown: You'll get five free samples with any order on Cyber Monday only.
- Blowpro: Get 25 percent off you shopping cart with the code BLOWPROTHANKS.
- The Body Shop:Save 50 percent on the entire site and get free shipping with a purchase of $30 or more.
- Butter London: You can get the special Fashion Size Duo With Slapper and Knackered polishes for just $10. On the site, you'll also be able to get 20 percent off and 50 percent off all last-call items. Just use the code CYBER2013.
- Chanel: For Cyber Monday, Chanel is offering a special set of polishes.
- Chantecaille: Get 30 percent off your entire order on Cyber Monday only.
- Clairvoyant Beauty: Use the code CBGIFT30 to get 30 percent off all purchases of $100 or more.
- Clarisonic: Pick up the new Mia First for only $99 from Nov. 26-Dec. 5 as well as on Dec. 9, Dec. 26, and Jan. 5.
- C.O. Bigelow: Save 25 percent online if you type in the discount code TURKEY1838.
- Decléor: Get 30 percent off a $75 purchase with the code SPECIAL30.
- Desert Essence: Buy $25 of product, and get free shipping, plus you'll get 30 percent off your order no matter how much you spend.
- Dr. Brandt: It's all about the eyes! With this deal, you'll get 40 percent off eye cream and a bonus BB or CC cream when you spend $150.
- Dr. Hauschka: When you buy $50 worth of products, you can get a free limited-edition body wash kit.
- Drybar: All bundles are 20 percent off!
See more Cyber Monday sales after the jump!
'Tis the season for holiday shopping, Champagne toasting, family visiting, and plenty of festive beauty moments, too. Whether it's finding the right amount of sparkle, revealing a glowing complexion, or just mastering a braided updo, we're sharing our editor-approved picks to get you through the rest of 2013 in style.