The Emmy Awards have come and gone, and all that remains is our lingering envy over all the drop-dead-gorgeous looks of the night. Well, allow us to alleviate your suffering. We've got the step-by-step breakdowns to some of the best looks of the evening, straight from the hairstylists, makeup artists, and nail artists who pulled them off. So pull out your makeup kit, and get ready to do your best red carpet impression.
Are you really getting the most out of every single beauty product? We answer that question and give step-by-step tutorials on how to correctly use — and apply — the staples in your beauty routine, and even some gadgets you may be curious to try out.
Getting a flawless makeup look means you have to master the basics first. MAC senior makeup artist Romero Jennings shares the essential steps to perfecting your complexion so you have the ideal base for creating any makeup look. Click through to see his step-by-step guide.
Ciaté is known for taking the nail-art trend from the streets to the comfort of your own home with its easy DIY kits, like this Very Colourfoil Manicure Set ($25). The end result is a colorful and intricate design that looks far more complicated than it really is. To see how to use this genius kit, just keep reading.
We've already explored which products you need to contour and highlight, and now it's time to master the process. Learning how to apply and blend these makeup items is the other half of the battle! Try our step-by-step tutorial on how to enhance your cheeks, define your jawline, narrow your nose, and plump up your lips. With a little practice, these techniques will be a part of your daily routine. On Kirbie: Rebecca Taylor top.
- Instead of removing the polish, smooth away any ragged edges with a nail file or buffer. Use a light touch so you don't scrub off the nail polish.
- Lay down one of the paper reinforcement stickers so that just the top half of the circle covers the bottom bit of your nail.
- Using a complementary color to the polish you already have on, paint the nail above the reinforcement, covering the chips and nicks.
- Let the polish dry a bit and then peel off the reinforcement to reveal your new half-moon manicure.
- Finish with a fast-drying top coat, like China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat ($6). Repeat with the rest of your nails.